Twenty-Two: The Ex

Zeke ^

---

The Ex
Elisha.

"Elisha!" I heard a familiar voice call out for me.

I had just turned the corner, exiting the kitchen and entering the foyer when I saw Zeke entering my parents' home. I wasn't really shocked to see him but I wasn't thrilled either.

"Yes?"

Nicholas and I had decided it's best to just go with the story that she ran away. We had a big fight as a family and she stormed off and hasn't returned. The Pack had no business knowing the truth and, well, my parents' would find out some day.

Apparently, Alexander Russo was sending out men to look for her but I don't know what his story was and to be completely honest, I didn't quite care. I'm not so sure about how I feel about any of the Russo brothers and for that very reason, Nicholas and I decided to keep our search to ourselves.

It's been two days since Eli left and Zeke has been showing up and has just become so much more visible since. It was shocking really, when she was here he was completely MIA – I mean, he didn't know that she had found her mate but he threw her aside as soon as he found his.

Not to say he should've rejected Bridgette, his mate, or whatever but he should've at least let Eli go gently. Not just all at once. You don't do that to someone you love – no matter what.

Now he claims he still cares about her and wants to help find her. I call bullshit but my parents are forcing me to be nice, so I'm trying.

"Any news?"

I sighed heavily, "No, Zeke."

"Geez, I'm just concerned about Elijah, okay. I want to find her as much as you do."

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, I have heard this song so many times in the past two days I am genuinely tired of it.

"Why? You didn't even care about her when she was still here." I snap.

"It's not that I didn't care." He said softly.

"Then what?"

"Bridgette wouldn't let me see her. Now that she's missing she has no choice but to let me participate because she feels guilty. You, Nic and Eli will always be a big part of my life. I can't just erase you. I didn't speak to you and Nic either because I thought it would be unfair to Eli. I love her, I really do. Obviously not in the way I love Bridge but I do."

I want to fight or say something snappy but instead, I said, "I understand."

The sincerity in his voice was as clear as day and knowing Bridgette, she probably would do something like that. I mean she isn't really that horrible – to me at least – but she never did like Elijah. They just didn't see eye to eye. So having her mate be Eli's ex would be a sting, banning him from seeing her sounds like something she would do.

Not to mention, she's Luna Josephine sister so she feels like she is Alpha Jay's daughter and therefore has authority over people. This mentality clashes with Eli's because Elijah's really close to Alpha Jay so she feels there is no need for Bridgette to feel superior. Unluckily for Bridgette too, Alpha Jay isn't one for tattletales or bitches so generally he doesn't like her much.

Zeke's presence was agitating, I don't like staying around people who are looking for Elijah. They all give me the same look, a look that said 'you're twins can't you track her down' and that couldn't be further from the truth. I can't track her down. I can only link her and feel her pain. However, they all seem to think I can and that I'm holding back.