Fifty: The End

The End

Alex picked up Aleister and spun him around like an aeroplane and the little boy let out a fit of giggles. Alex put him down and tickled him, when the boy cried stop he would say 'No, the aeroplane must refuel' then spin him all over again.

It was their favourite game. They'd play it everywhere, in the pool, in the house, out in the field. They have such a strong bond, it was amazing. I sat at the table overlooking the windows, drinking my orange juice watching them play outside.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Aleister yelled, running into the house.

I smiled down at him and attended to him. He was a very needy little boy. His brown curls bounced as I picked him up, his blue eyes shining bright. He always had on a smile, he was the light of everyone's life really. You could never be sad around him, he was too adorable.

"Mommy's busy, Aleister, what can aunty do for you?" I asked.

Nicholas was right after all about the little pup being a boy. I looked into his blue eyes that distinctly resembled his father's and smiled, he was too damn adorable.

"Telly." He said softly.

He hadn't grasped all of his words yet, he was only nineteen months. He was quick for his age though.

Nicholas was overjoyed when he found out Al was a boy. Elisha was happy too, I could tell. Although she thought he was a girl from the moment she held him in her arms anyone could tell she was utterly in love.

Everyone was we haven't had a baby in the family in years and it turned out neither did the Russo's. We all jump in to help whenever and wherever we can, we're all insanely in love with this little boy.

I walked to the TV room with Al on my hip and put on Disney Junior. Jake and the Neverland Pirates was on, I sat to watch with him. I loved this show.

In the middle of the show hands were suddenly placed on my eyes shutting them in darkness and I laughed, "How many times do I need to tell you that won't work for you, Lex. I can feel the sparks."

He groaned, "How many times must I tell you not to call me that? You know, Al calls me that now."

I laughed, "Are you serious?"

I had never heard him call out for Alexander, if this is true I personally think he should be glad. Al can't say everyone's names yet. It should be a great honour the pup can say his.

"Completely. Watch," He walked over to Al and ruffled his hair, the boy giggled then shouted, "Lex! Lex! Lex! Come whaa telly."

Alexander gave me a pained look and I couldn't help but laugh. Aleister most definitely said it much better than I did.

We were watching him for Elisha and Nic. They were out - date night. Jay didn't mind us popping in, Elisha would link him and tell him we're coming over and he'd always approve. Sometimes I'd just come through without asking, Elisha would ask for me once I have Al in my arms. I loved watching the little guy and I knew Alexander did too, I wouldn't take no as an answer anyway.

At the beginning it was like preparation for Alex but seeing him with Aleister has me convinced he doesn't need it. He'll be a world class dad.

I wasn't pregnant, oh no. Being Luna has me busy. I'm not rushing into it yet.

Plus, in a few months is my white wedding. I know, I know, I didn't want one. I was swayed by Elisha. She made it look so appealing.

She couldn't have a ceremony as I did because Nic isn't of high ranking. So, she had a white wedding two months after her traditional South African wedding. She always loved the idea of having both  anyway.

I was more involved with the white, though. And the more I went through the motions with her, the more I thought about having my own.

So, I'm having it.

A honeymoon too, Alex deserves it.

He does a lot for this Pack, no wonder they love him so much. Sure, I haven't been able to turn him from his savage ways but I've tried. I have men that try interrogating wolves first, not just straight on torture.

Turns out Abel was right, all the Pack needed was me to calm them down and smooth out their creases. Once I started changing a few things, The Howlers kind of calmed down. Sure, we're still feared but now it's just because of our Warriors not because we attack Packs for no reason.

I heard snooring and looked over to my right only to see Al scrunched up on Alex. His head on his chest and legs dangling off his abdomen. They were both asleep, Alex had his arm around the little boy and the other around my shoulders.

I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture. I immediately made it my lock and home screen.

They looked so adorable. The curls on both boys made them look related, his facial features resembled my sister. He could totally slide as our kid. Until he opens his blue eyes, then you know he's not ours.

Well. Only if you know Nic.

I let out a little sigh as I pulled him off Alex. As cute as they looked, I had to get him to bed. It was way past his nap time anyway. I walked up the stairs and opened his room. I tucked him in and kissed his forehead.

"Aunty loves you Al."

I walked out the room and back to the TV room to find Alexander wide awake now. I raised a brow, "You weren't sleeping were you?"

He chuckled, "No."

"Well thanks for the screen saver then." I shrug.

He pats the space beside him and I quickly take it, "You have been bugging me for one." I laugh, slapping his shoulder.

He slung his arm around my shoulders and I lay my head on his chest. We sat and watched some movie I wasn't paying any attention to. I was just thankful for these few months of peace, these few months with my mate. 

Fin.

It is only the beginning for Nathaniel though, his story 'My Hybrid Mate' is now up.