Thirty-Five: The Dark Side

The Dark Side

I dropped to the ground awkwardly, not quite standing but not on my butt either. My head snapped in her direction as I got to my full length.

I was still in the shop but it appears she must have taken Nate outside and locked the door. I clearly remember how to fight, how to defend myself. However, I'm weaker right now. I don't have half as much stamina, who even knows how 'powerful' I am without my wolf.

"No need to worry, I'm not going to harm you, sweetie." She smiles.

For what it's worth, Mariska is really pretty. She has long brown hair and small but strong facial features. She's petite and clearly Russian. I wondered though if she actually looked like this or if she did some anti-ageing spell.

"I just needed to propose this to you without Ivan's goons listening. Or Nathaniel whispering in your head, I swear."

I nod signalling for her to continue. I was still too frightened to speak. I didn't trust her an ounce if Nate was holding on to me that tightly I knew better than to get comfortable.

'I'm okay.' I link both Nathaniel and Elisha.

I knew it wouldn't calm them down but at least it was something.

"I can temporarily make you a witch. Obviously, you will be a dark witch but it will only be temporary. We've been living under Krushchev's thumb for over fifty years. It's horrible and has to come to an end.

Now if I make you a witch you will have The Howlers, Nathaniel's wolves, The North Packs' wolves and yourself all against him.

I know you'll only be one witch. But you'll be dark. That's all you need. Dark witches have no rules. You could make them all more powerful than Ivan. You could control that entire battle as a dark witch."

"If I'll be that powerful why don't I just fight him myself?"

"You die, I die. You'll be channeling me. You'll be powerful, not invincible," She rolls her eyes, utterly annoyed, "You'll still be impossibly easy to kill off. So with the distraction of the wolves, he won't know which witch they're using. Your upper hand will be the fact that he doesn't know you'll be a witch.

You need to keep it to yourself."

"What's the catch?" I raise a brow.

It might seem like she's helping me but she's still a dark witch, there's always a catch. Also, I'm really only helping her. Me wanting my wolf back just plays onto her plan perfectly. She doesn't even need to lift a finger.

Yes, I wanted to go after Ivan but this is more on Mariska's terms than it is mine. However, that could work to our advantage. The power will be much stronger now with both our anger and determination to kill him.

We might actually just be invincible.

"You defeat him you get your wolf back. You don't you stay a dark witch."

I had every intention of defeating him, I had every intention of making him pay for the year I missed out on.

There was no losing in this game.

"You up for it?" She smirked.

I scoffed. Is that a rhetorical question?

* * *

Walking out of the little shop I felt a little weary. I knew I wanted to make Ivan pay, I knew I wanted my revenge but I thought I'd have more time to prepare for it. Mariska's plan sounded like it was fully mapped out and had to happen as soon as possible.