Twenty-Six: The Shot

The Shot

I kissed him.

He responded almost immediately and in no time I was the one on the floor. My hands ran through his curls and I nearly moaned at just the feel of them against my fingers. I was about to open my mouth to allow him better access but Alexander pulled back.

His eyes were black again but this time I knew it was from lust. Not whatever demon had possessed him a moment ago. He pecked my lips before pulling me into a seated position, he sat beside me and I absentmindedly grabbed a hold of his hand, interlocking it with mine.

Only when he glanced down at our hands then looked up at me did I realise what I had done, I was going to let go but his thumb started rubbing circles on my skin and I knew – it was okay.

"What was that, Alexander?" I questioned.

"A kiss." He smirked, obviously dodging my real question.

I rolled my eyes, "Please tell me."

Alexander sighed, running his other hand through his hair. As he opened his mouth ready to respond to me, his eyes darted to the door Abel walked in and I wanted to curse him for it.

"Are you back?" He asks, clearly not realising what he had just interrupted.

"Yeah," Alexander responds.

Abel looked at me, "Did you...?" He trailed off.

"See his 'episode,' yeah. That's why I'm here."

"Come with me." Abel interrupted.

My eyebrows scrunched and I looked over at Alexander and he nodded, "I'm coming back for you." I said to him, as I got to my feet.

Abel led me out the room walking up the stairs taking me to another room in this house.

"Thank you for bringing him back. I had business to attend to and I couldn't make it back in time. When he's like that I can't get through to him. All I see is darkness,"

Because his own eyes are dark I thought, "So I never know what's happening, I just know that the switch has been flipped."

"The switch?"

"Yes, that's what we call it we don't know what exactly is wrong with him but we're trying to help him."

"You and Axel?"

"Yes. I needed to get you away because he's more fragile after an episode, didn't want you to say the wrong thing – which could be anything really – and he lashes out, flipping again." He explained and I nodded in understanding.

"I don't know what could have upset him, he was over at my place a few hours ago. I was confused when Nathaniel called me over because I had just seen him and he was fine."

"The other side of him has been making many appearances since your disappearance. Why would he be mad after seeing you? I would think that with you back he'd be much happier."

"He wanted me to move in here but I convinced him to give me a little more time. He agreed, he didn't look upset at all maybe displeased but definitely not upset."

"You're not moving in?"

"You knew?"

"Of course. We had your room set up from the second day you were gone. He was convinced to never let you out of his sight." Abel rubbed his beard, "Well then his anger makes perfect sense."

"Not to me, it doesn't. I'm just not ready to move in here, I'm not ready to be a part of this Pack let alone be Luna." I whisper.

"Why not?"