30 ➸ surrender

ANGELS ON THE MOON by THRIVING IVORY

GUESS HOW MANY FUCKING WORDS THIS CHAPTER IS? GUESS.

7,665.

Okay, this chapter may seem slow to you at first. Don't skip it, read it through and hear me out. IT ESCALATES SO BAD.

It's my birthday!!

Perhaps you could comment something sweet for me to wake up to?

This chapter may seem as though it's following the show's storyline at one point, but it takes a dark turn, I promise you. I added my own twist.

This chapter definitely goes out to @sithriggs and @twd5sauce for being the coolest humans ever and helping me out with the main idea to this chapter!! I love you and I can't wait to meet you soon, Cam. (: —fun fact, we both live in the same town/city!!— I hope you guys like this one, bring your tissues. I love our group chat and hope we stick together till the end. <3

100 votes for an update.
you'll be crying for one.

Guys, please listen to the chapter song.
AND GRAB SOME TISSUES.

may the odds be ever in your favor.

CARL

The silence was stilling. It was almost as though the wordless moment captivated everything we ever wanted to say.

I felt something tug at the bottom of my jeans, and I glanced down to a little girl, her blue eyes looking up at me with joy. She continued to pull at my jeans to get my attention, and then wriggled her little fingers to try and get me to pick her up.

Her hair was a light color and sprouted from her head, framing those cheeks of hers that indented a smile that only contained a few teeth here and there. Her young, blue eyes were like the ignition to a dying flame after nights in the cold, blizzarding snow. Looking into her eyes was like walking into a foreign house and finally realizing you were home. The innocence in her pale skin was soft with vulnerability and youth. She was wearing on a little blue blouse with leggings and small shoes that had bows on the tips of them.

In my baby sister's blue eyes, I saw the innocence I once withheld in my youth.

"Bubby?" the little girl frowned.

My heart had found a way to sink down to my stomach and tie knots of remembrance.

The little girl tugged on my jeans a little harder, wanting to grasp my attention and extended her baby hands outward so that I would pick her up and hold her. She instantly was drawn towards me because she remembered exactly who I was.

Without further hesitation, I crouched down to Judith's level and wrapped my long arms around her small body, bringing her into my chest. I shifted my weight onto my knees, and her little arms looped around the back of my neck and pulled her closer. Judith giggled into the crook of my neck and clutched the collar of my flannel as she hugged me with her innocent little arms. My eyes were squeezed shut and I felt them swell up with tears at the feeling of her innocence again.