37 ➸ lovely

WAVES by DEAN LEWIS [ACOUSTIC]

Oh, my loves. It's been so long. It has seriously felt like forever since I've been here writing an author's note for you and publishing yet another chapter of the wonderful story of Sage.

Look up there. That gif is of our baby boy, Carl Grimes. He'll never be gone. He's always going to be right here, in this book, loving a girl named Sage Riley and being given the storyline he's always deserved.

Fuck you, Gimple.

Now, in June or July, I uploaded a chapter 37 that is being replaced with this version instead. If you had already read that one, you may be confused. Check back on the chapter before this one and you'll see where it leaves off and continues onto the start of this one.

I'm sorry for the possible confusion. I was not happy with what I wrote for it so I went back and changed everything. Starting at this point, they've only just arrived at Alexandria and are debating whether or not to stay.

This one isn't my best work. It's been so long since I've published a chapter and my writing has wavered a bit. I apologize, but it will improve with time. 

COMMENT YOUR FAV CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK AND WHY. ALSO YOUR NAMES BC I WANNA KNOW MY READERS. <3

100 votes for an update and a lot of lovely comments. Get it?

Carl is here, my loves. He's not gone.

Our beautiful, beautiful baby

Spam with comments. Mama Sof is back in business.

SAGE

My eyes began to stir around behind the eyelids concealing them from reality. My vision went from black and terrifying to white and peaceful. In that moment, during those first few blinks, everything felt at peace. It dawned on me that I was laying on my side, warmed with white, fluffy blankets and sheets and just about the softest pillows my head had ever rested on. My body did not ache, my heart did not wince, my mind did not grieve. In that lovely moment, everything was okay.

My vision became clearer, and staring back at me was the bluest of eyes. One bandaged up, the other blinking slowly as it gazed into my grey ones with so much love, so much endearment and so much purity.

Carl was lying across from me on the bed, his head rested against the pillow. His pale skin was glowing from the sunlight shining through the white drapes. It ticked my skin as well, as a beam of light casted onto my cheeks. Carl's pink lips curved into the smallest of smiles, just to see my eyes flutter awake.