Chapter 6

I woke up in my bedroom to the sound of a familiar laugh. Why was I at home and who is laughing? Then I heard Brian Quinn talking. Was I going crazy? I rolled over and saw my tv was turned on and Impractical Jokers was playing. I tried to get up but I just couldn't. I felt weak. My head hurt. It felt like my left eye was swollen. I didn't remember anything.

Mom came in as a tried to get up again. "No Britt. You can't get up. You have a concussion. And your nose might bleed again." I was so confused. "What happened?" Mom looked at me and quietly said, "Fiona knocked you out in the hallway after lunch today. She was with Kaity and the others that she hangs out with. The nurse said you have a fractured nose, a slight concussion, and you will have that black eye for a while. He said it is best if you don't go back to school until you are 100% healed and to sleep a lot. You also have to go to the doctor every few days. He figured you would like this better than staying in the hospital." I didn't care about that. I wanted to know what happened to the snobs. "What happened to Fiona. And the other girls? And Beau. And Gideon?" I asked. "I don't know yet. So far Fiona and the others have been suspended. The girls have been suspended from the cheer squad. The guys can't play sports the rest of the year." This may be bad, but I smiled after I found that out. "Where is my truck, Mom?" "Aunt Jenna and cousin April are getting your keys in an hour and they are driving to the school to get it. April is driving it back and Jenna is driving her back home." "Okay."

Mom sat on my bed in silence for a while and then handed me my phone. She told me that I might want to check out what Murr posted earlier. I got on Twitter and saw the best thing in my life: a video he had posted. I hurried up and pushed play. Here's what he had to say, "Hey y'alls it's Murr here. I know that the Columbus show is sold out, but I have a surprise." He reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out a small white rectangle. "I have held back one ticket for the show. It is a second row seat. Now, I know it's not a meet and greet, but it's better than nothing." After that sentence, Jay Miller walk up and started talking. "To get this ticket, all you have to do is find me somewhere in Columbus before the show. There's a few catches to this: I will only post hints to my location on Snapchat for 15 minutes starting at noon and you have to find my Snapchat on your own. I will not announce my username. And I will not be using Joe, Murr, or TruTvs Snapchat. I'm using my own." Nice! I already had Jay on Snapchat. He added me back, but I never talked to him. Jay walked away and Murr finished the video. "Good luck to all of you. I love you guys." He smiled and ended the video.

I smiled so big after that video. Mom saw my big smile and she smiled too. "You better get to sleep. You have to get up early to go to the doctor for them to put the rest of the stitches in your nose. I'll turn the tv off for you. Goodnight Britt." "Night Mom," I said. "Don't turn off the tv please. I want to watch the guys."

Mom smiled and walked out. I watched the show for another hour until I fell asleep with that same huge smile on my face as before. The pain on my face and the swelling in my nose couldn't ruin my day. Or my shot at that ticket.

The Time Of My LifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara