Chapter 7

I woke the next morning in a lot pain. I still didn't remember much from the day before. I looked at my clock. 6 a.m. I had half hour before we had to leave to get to the doctor, so I finally tried to get up again. It took me a few tries but I made it up. My ribs felt so sore. It hurt to touch them. But they didn't feel as bad as my nose. I hadn't seen my face at that point.

I walked over to my mirror. I had a lot of pictures on it. All of the pictures were of Q, Sal, Murr, and Joe. I had the picture of Joe dressed up as Captain Fat Belly, Q with Benjamin Cat, the What Say You? logo picture, and lots of other ones. The only one that wasn't of them was the only picture I had of Mom, Dad, and me after I was born. It was in the very middle of the mirror at the top. Dad died the night after I was born. He was driving to work and got hit by a drunk driver.

As I looked into the mirror, I didn't know how to react. My left eye was purplish blue and swollen, my nose was bruised and had deep cuts, and I had a few other bruises on my face. Before I got dressed I checked my ribs. They were slightly bruised, but it felt like I was being stabbed.

I put on black sweatpants, a black tank top, my flag Converse, a black beanie, and my gray 38. Lives Alone. Has 3 Cats. hoodie before I went down the steps.

Mom was already sitting at the table dressed and drinking her morning mango energy smoothie. She saw me and smiled. "Hey Sweetie. How do you feel?" I looked at my shoes and quietly said, "Tired, sore, and cold." She got up and hugged me before she grabbed her purse and keys. "I hate to rush right now, but we have to go." I shuffled towards the fridge to grab a drink. Mom ran over and shut the door as soon as I opened it. In a calm voice she said, "No, Britt. The doctor doesn't want you to eat or drink anything." I didn't respond and just headed for the door.

It took about 10 minutes to get to the office. Mom signed me in as I sat down in a chair. There was nobody in the office except for the office lady, a really pretty tall blonde with blue eyes. I'm pretty sure that I was the first appointment of the day.

They called me back after a few short minutes. The doctor talked for a few minutes and then said it would be best to completely knock me out when he put the stitches in. I didn't really care at all. He called his assistant Gwenn and she brought in the medicine. She walked in and looked at my hoodie. She smiled and said, "You're an Impractical Jokers fan, too?" I smiled and nodded. "Those 4 have guts to do what they do," she said. Then she showed me the side of her arm. There was 2 small signatures. I looked closely and realized it was Joe and Murr's signatures. "I went to Pittsburgh a few years back to see them with my friend Mel. We waited for 2 hours by the back door with a few other fans. They came out and talked with us for a while. The next morning I got their names tattooed on my arm." I didn't know what to say so I just smiled. Gwenn smiled back and walked out of the room.

After that there wasn't much that happened. Pretty much the only things I remember is Dr. Davids knocked me out, then I woke up with a sore face, Mom took me home, and I layed on the couch and went to sleep. Mom left when I was sleeping and brought me Olive Garden soup. I ate it while watching Impractical Jokers. I stayed up for a little while longer after I finish my soup and then I finally went to sleep.

The next week went by slow. I was at home the whole time with nothing to do. I watched Impractical Jokers and played around with my make-up to cover up my bruised face. I wouldn't get my stitches out for another 3 weeks. But I was glad I had taken the special effects class at school the year before. In the class we learned how to use special effects make-up and how to cover up any flaws on the face. I'm not a big make-up person, but I still had all of the make-up I had to buy for the class. I could perfectly cover up the bruises on my face and my eye, which is a good thing because the next day I would have to get up earlier than normal because the next day was December 15: the day of the show.