Chapter 10

I opened my eyes as fast as I could. Joe Gatto was standing directly in front of me. "I heard there was a place with doughnuts and a very dedicated fan. I couldn't turn down the offer to come," he said with a big smile and a laugh. I smiled and looked down at the floor. I had no idea what to say. One of my biggest idols was standing in front of me. "You're really shy aren't you?" I nodded my head. "Come here, Sweetie. Give me a hug." Before I could say anything, Joe stepped forward and gave me a big hug. I was so happy I started crying. "Hun, it's okay." I finally managed to speak. "You mean so much to me." He hugged me even tighter.

I heard a sob behind me. Casey and Jay's faces were red. "What? You've never saw two grown men cry?" Casey said. Lisa cracked up laughing. "You guys cry like little girls. You cry every time someone else cries." "Well, we are very emotional people, Lisa. You should know that. You married me," Casey said with a laugh.

Joe shook his head laughing. Then he turned to me and said, "You wanna go hang out somewhere and grab something to eat? The show doesn't start for a few hours. I don't wanna be here when the place floods with their tears." I was a little hungry since I only ate one of the doughnuts from earlier. "Sure." "Okay then. Bye Lisa. Have fun with these two." She glared at Joe but started laughing.

Before we left I hugged Jay, Lisa, and Casey and thanked them for the ticket and for texting Joe. We walked out and Joe asked, "Y'all got any good food places around here?" "There's an Italian restaurant down the road. It's not in walking distance but I can drive." "Are you a good driver?" I had never gotten a speeding ticket or wrecked so I guess that's a good driver. "Sure." He laughed and said, "Okay. Good enough for me. Let's go."