Chapter 9

I ran down the street as fast as I could. I burst into the doors of the cafe and Jay was standing at the counter talking with Casey Jost and Casey's wife Lisa. I ran up to Jay with a huge smile on my face. I stood there for at least a minute before Jay asked if I was looking for the ticket for the show. I nodded my head and quietly said yes.

Jay looked at Lisa. "You have the ticket Lisa? " "No. I thought Casey had it." Casey looked down and mumbled "I lost it." Did I hear that correctly? Casey LOST the ticket? Jay walked over to me and said, "There's nothing I can do about this. Sorry I wasted your time and got you excited." I nodded my head and turned around to walk out.

Then I heard Lisa talk. "Guys, this isn't funny anymore. Hun, come here." I slowly turned back around and walked to Lisa. She put her hand in her pocket. "What is you're name?" "Br- Britt Emraldson." "That's a cool name. I like it. And here is what you came here for." Lisa pulled out a ticket for the show. The only thing I was concerned about was the scribbles on it. "Will they take the ticket? There is a bunch of stuff on it." Then Jay spoke up. "They will take it. And you should keep it. Trust me."

I took the ticket from Lisa and looked at the writing. And it wasn't just any scribble. It was a note from Murr on the back! It read: "Congrats on getting this ticket. I hope you enjoy the show! -Murray" I couldn't believe that I had a ticket in my hand with Murr's writing on it. I looked up and saw Jay, Casey, and Lisa smiling. Jay asked, "Do you want a picture for Snapchat?" I couldn't say yes fast enough. Lisa took a picture of me and Jay holding the ticket. After the picture, all 4 of us talked for a little while. I was getting ready to leave when Casey said, "I think we might have another surprise for you. Close your eyes." I slowly shut my eyes. I hope this isn't a joke and they all run off.

I heard one of them leave and come back. It was very odd that I heard two people walking towards me. Then I heard a voice that wasn't Jay, Lisa, or Casey's. "Open your eyes, Britt." At first I didn't recognize it, but then I knew exactly who it was: Joe Gatto.