The Sohma's

•Melanie's POV•

I wake up to see the purple-hair boy again. "Oh, this is your property isn't it? Sorry, I forgot, I won't do it again, I promise!" I say as soon as I am fully awake. "Please, calm down. Where are my manners? I'm Yuki Sohma." He says. "Hi, I'm Melanie Dare." I say sheepishly. "Well, Miss Dare, may I walk you to school?" He asks softly. "I-I well, uh..." I can't. He's a boy! No way! "It's ok, you don't have to." "No, I insist." He says. Man, this guy's persistent. I run to school at a remarkable speed.

I turn to see if Yuki followed me, but the coast is clear. I walk into class as if nothing has happened. When Yuki shows up, he seems to be deep in thought. Oh well. At least he's not yelling at me or anything.

The ginger from yesterday comes over. He stands there and glares at me. "What?!" I finally ask. He shakes his head and walks away. Well...at least no poofing...I guess. Then the teacher walks in and we all do our assignment.

At the end of the day, I walk out of the school building and start to head to the forest, but remember that it's Sohma property. So I sit on a bench in front of the school.

"Why don't you come over? I have something I'd like to talk about with you." Yuki says to me as he comes out with a brown-haired girl and the same ginger. I shake my head. "I'm very sorry about this." He says, and the world goes black.

I awaken in a strange house. I sit up, and then clutch my head which is throbbing. He hit me! Yuki hit me and brought me here! I walk through the house until I hear him talking with someone. I walk up behind him a kick him in the back of the head with all my might. As Yuki hisses in pain, I say "NEVER hit me again."

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but where are your parents?" The man called Shigure asked. "I mind. Also, I'm leaving." I say, walking to the door, but the ginger runs up and says "Go sit back down, NOW." I punch him in the face and walk out as he falls to the ground.

I don't care if this is Sohma property anymore. I climb a tree, and stay there for the night. I fall asleep, and dream about all the good times me and my mom had together, before my last birthday. I wake up to find a face peering into mine.