The Date

•Melanie's POV•

I wake up...on the roof. Kyo's sleeping next to me. He looks so peaceful in his slumber. I decide to stay there until Kyo wakes up so that he won't wake alone.

When Kyo wakes up, I turn my head to look at him and he jumps. "Oh, sorry I startled you." I say with a wince as I sit up using both my arms. "You didn't...it's ok." He says. "Do you wanna...go in the house now....or....?" I ask. "Sure." He shrugs, now sitting up.

As we go down the stairs, Shigure watches is and gives us a smirk. I immediately know what's about to happen. "Shigure, don't you dare." I shoot at him. "Kyo loves Melanie, Kyo loves Melanie." He sings until Kyo punches him through another door.

Kyo and I join Tohru and Yuki for breakfast and begin to eat. After breakfast, Kyo asks to take me on a walk with another smirk from Shigure and I accept. We leave after breakfast.

"Do you wanna...you know...go on a....um...." Kyo starts. "A date?" I ask. He obviously didn't mean that. Why would he like me? "Yeah. I mean...if you w-" He tries, but I cut him off. "I'd love to!" I try to contain my excitement, but end up with a blush along my face, and so does Kyo. "Oh, ok, well...where should we go?" He asks.

We end up at a shop that I pick which Kyo seems very unhappy about. "Are you sure? We could always go to that pho restaurant if you like." I offer, but Kyo just shakes his head and leads me towards the shop.

As soon as we get in, a man with silver-white hair greets us. He gives Kyo a hug that Kyo tries to fight his way out of. "Do you know him?" I ask Kyo. "Sadly, yes. He's my cousin." Is the reply. "Hello, I'm Ayame." He says, holding out his hand.

After I get aquatinted to Ayame, a girl who seems to work at the shop rushed me into the changing room.

•Kyo's POV•

After Melanie gets rushed into the changing room, I sit cross-legged on the floor and wait. Soon after, Melanie comes back out.

When I see her, she looks beautiful. My jaw basically drops to the floor and Melanie blushes. "Well Kyo, how bad do I look?" She sighs. "Y-you look great." I stutter. "Really? Thanks!" She says.

"Why don't you wear it out? It looks too good to take it off of you." Ayame suggests. "I couldn't possibly just leave without paying! H-" She starts, but I drag her out of the store.

I wonder...will she accept my true form?