Momiji

•Melanie's POV•

I'm in the house, washing dishes from lunch with Tohru when the doorbell rings. "I'll get it." Yuki says, walking to the door. He opens it. "Oh, hello Momiji." He says to the person, and a little blonde-haired boy walks in.

As soon as he spots me, he runs over. "Are you Melanie?" He asks. I nod my head. "Yay! Everybody's been saying so much about you so I had to come meet you! And if I hug you, I won't transform, so I can hug you all the time!" He perked, already hugging me.

I hug him back, but Kyo walks over and hits Momiji on the head multiple times. "Every time you talk you give me a headache." He says. "WAH! Kyo's hitting me! WAH! WAH!" Momiji whines.

"Kyo, stop." I say, sympathetic for the little boy. Kyo rolls his eyes and walks off, leaving Momiji, Tohru, Yuki and I in the room. Then Shigure comes in, trying to hide the book he wrote. "Oh, hello Momiji. I see you've met my little Melanie. She's an angel." Shigure says, making me a crimson red, but Yuki punches him through the door, calling him a pervert.

Momiji helps Tohru and I prepare for dinner, then announced his present for this white day. "I'm taking us all to the hot springs again, and this time Melanie can come. Tohru and I both shake our heads and speak in unison. "No! I couldn't possibly accept it!" Why would he do that much for me? He doesn't even know me! "But I already bought the bus tickets." Momiji says. "You wouldn't want to make Momiji go through all the trouble getting a refund, would you?" Shigure asks. "We'll go." I say for Tohru and I.

After dinner, we head upstairs and I go into my room with Tohru to start packing. "What does Momiji mean by again?" I ask Tohru. "Oh, last white day, he took Yuki, Kyo, and I to the hot springs his family owns. He's taking us again." Tohru beams. "Wow. He's so sweet. I'm gonna get him a white day present too." I say.

Tohru knocks on her head. "Oh, I forgot about that! Would you mind if I come with?" Tohru asks. "It would be my honor." I say. "Thank you." Tohru says, and we head to the store as we finish packing.

As soon as we get to the store, we browse until we find the perfect wrapping tape and gifts. I get Tohru two light pink satin bows, Yuki some seeds (Tohru told me about his secret base), Momiji a toy car, Shigure some truffles, and Kyo an anklet with a cat charm and a fox charm on it.

We pay for the gifts, wrap them, and then run home so the boys don't get too worried, but sure enough they were worried sick. But all I did was pass out my white day presents, Tohru doing the same. "I know it's not a lot, but I don't have much money so it's the best I could do." I say, feeling a bit guilty. "I love my present!" Momiji says, running his toy car all over the room.

"Thank you, Miss Dare and Miss Honda." Yuki says politely, and leads Tohru outside, but not before Shigure can thank us both. Kyo takes me to the roof, and lays staring at the stars. I fall asleep very quickly, and I hear a faint: "Thanks." From Kyo before I fall asleep.

When I wake you, Tohru is shaking me and I'm snuggled next to a fully conscious and fully embarrassed Kyo. "Sorry Kyo!" I say, and Kyo just heads back into the house, motioning for me to follow.

Then, the pulls up, and we all board with our bags, ready for the hot springs.