Big Sis

•Melanie's POV•

I came home from school with Kyo, Tohru, and Yuki. We all started on homework and afterwards I helped Tohru clean the house.

Ding Dong

"I'll get the door." Yuki says as I continue to clean with Tohru. Yuki slides open the door and a girl with green hair, yellow eyes, and pale skin. "Hello, I am Lorena Dare." She says. "Are you here for Melanie?" Yuki asks. "Yes, I am."

"Who are you?" I ask the girl. She sighs. "Melanie, I really need to talk to you. Alone." She says. "Hey, whatever you've got to say to her, you can say to me." Kyo says. "It's fine Kyo," I tell him. "Why don't we talk outside."

"I'm your big sister. Like I said, my name is Lorena." She says. "No, I think you've got the wrong person, I'm an only child." I say. "Mom rejected me before you were born, because I was a member of the zodiac. I-I've been watching over you ever since, but I lost you when you ran into the forest. I found you now, and it seems you've been treated well and my job to look over you is done. So I wanted to say goodbye." She told me. I look at her and start crying, and then I run into the woods.

I slip on a piece of wood and cut my face all over a tree with jagged ends. My head starts throbbing, and I hit the ground hard. As I lay my head in the growing pool of blood, I become a fox. As soon as I do, I hear footsteps. Kyo comes, and says "Melanie? Is that you?" I give him a weak fox nod. He picks up my clothes, then me, and I pass out as he carries me to Shigure's house.

"...but she isn't. She can't go to school for two weeks, and I'm putting her on be seedy for one week." A man says as I come to. He looks like a doctor. "Oh, I see you're awake. I'm Hatori, the doctor for the Sohma family. I assume you heard that you won't be attending school and you'll be on bedrest?" He asks. I nod and try to sit up, but and agonizing pain flares through my head and I scream.

Kyo blurs into vision and asks if I'm ok in a foggy voice. "I'm fine, really. I can get up, see." I say, seeing triple things as I try to get up, and then pass out.

When I finally wake up again, Kyo's at the foot of my bed holding a bowl. "K-Kyo?" I ask weakly. "You aren't supposed to be talking, Hatori said." He tells me. "But-" I start, but he put a finger to my lips. "Here, I made you soup." He says, putting a spoon in the bowl. I try to sit up, but he lays me back down and feeds me. "Do you want me to go?" Kyo asks as I finish the soup. I barely shake my head and wince. "Go to sleep." He says, stroking my hair. I do.

After one week, I'm free to leave my bed, but still not speak. When I finally go downstairs, I see Lorena laying on the ground. She looks at me and runs over. "I'm so so-" She starts, but I put a finger over her mouth and shake my head with a small smile. "You aren't mad?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"I love you, little Sis." She says.

Next chapter I'll have a picture of Lorena for you guys. I hope you're enjoying the story, and this chapter is dedicated to brianne_divine7016  who is my real life friend that inspired this chapter. Also, a shout out to princessluna16 who inspired the story. Bye guys!