Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

★ Natsu's POV ★

A/N: *writes three updates today while low-key jamming to the undertale soundtrack*

Also, is anyone interested in me doing a character ask for this story? You'd get to ask the characters of TBA questions. :D

The time on my watch read 6:30.

I only had four more hours until Hypnosia planned to return.

Since she had basically given away her plan to me, I knew I had the upper hand. There was no more hiding this time. I could fly as far away as possible and keep cover in some deserted location, but I was tired of hiding. I was ready to fight back.

It was time for my revenge on the people - no, the monsters - who caused me so much pain, misery, and grief for eighteen years.

I knew to protect myself, I had to defend my house, and that meant booby traps. Thankfully, years of experiencing the worst kinds of torture possible taught me a lot. At least those years were useful for something.

Currently, I was surrounded by about twenty different records of different years and music genres. I had a Billie Armstrong vinyl between my legs, holding it in place as I sliced through sharp, curved corners. I used a dremel tool to cut through the thick material, carefully crafting the round record into a ninja-star-shaped weapon. I repeated the process for the rest of the vinyls, working quickly but efficiently.

This is it, Natsu, I told myself as I poured myself into my work, making sure every last detail was perfect. The moment you've been waiting for for five years now.

After I finished the twenty deadly shurikens, I attached them to wire, which I hooked up to a motor-run pulley system. When Hypnosia stumbled upon the tripwire, they would trigger the system, sending spinning shurikens down at ten miles an hour every which way.

They've finally found you, and you're going to show them what you're made of.

Of course, I wasn't done with traps just yet. Considering I had a lot of broken parts in my home thanks to a certain evil bitch, I used the usable spare parts to make more booby traps.

After I ditched Gray by flying away before he could see me, I made a quick stop to the hardware store, I got all the materials I needed for bombs (which got me a curious look from the cashier).

(A/N: Skipping over the bomb creation process so you people don't kill anyone for insulting your OTPs or something) The bombs took steady hands and meticulous positioning of the ignition to work perfectly. I thought about testing one out, but I decided against it when I realized I didn't want to be anywhere near the explosion when it went off. I made four, setting them up under the coffee table, under my bed, and two around the entrance (which also had plant pots above the door to fall on their heads.

In the middle of the bomb-making process, I had to stop assembly when I heard my alarm system ring. Someone was being mugged on 65th Street, and I quickly popped in and saved the victim from being killed. The little girl, a blue-haired teenager who had gotten lost on her way home, was shocked to see me show up. Her eyes widened in awe when she got a look at my wings, and I couldn't help but be reminded of Gray and the first time I met him.

"Thank you, Black Angel..." She looked like she was about to cry when I brought her home safely.

"Of course, sweetie," I ruffled her hair. "Pay attention to where you're walking, next time. Some of the parts of this city are really dangerous."

She sniffled and nodded solemnly, pulling me in for a tight hug. "I will," She promised, voice muffled by my shirt. When she headed inside her house, I rushed back to my house, knowing I was falling behind schedule. The time was around 9:00, so I had just a little bit more than an hour to get home and perfect the traps.