Chapter 3

Uncle Matt (Matthew Peterson)---------> David Giuntoli

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  I'm now sitting in my fifth period math class, working on homework and worrying about Tyler.  Because clearly he isn't good in these types of situations, seeing that he ran away the first time.

"Danny." Uncle Matt's voice cuts through my thoughts and I look up. "Could you go take these papers down to the office for me?" He asks.

"Yeah, sure." I say grabbing the stack of papers and a hall pass. I needed to go clear my head anyways.

I only make it a little more than halfway down the hall when I see Jessie walk out of the bathroom and turn my way.

Oh shit.

He smirks at me and gets closer. I don't know why but I felt like I couldn't move from where I stood.

No! No, back up! GO AWAY!

"Hey there Danny boy." He says with that sadistic grin on his face. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Yup, it sure is. Bye now." I make a move to go around him but he pushes me back slightly. I glare up at him. This isn't fair. He's a muscular giant while I'm only 5'6". It's not that I'm weak but compared to him, I feel like he'd squash me like a bug.

"Come on now, I just wanted to talk to you for a sec." He explains with feigned innocence.

"You know what I'm sure you are just dying to talk to me. But I don't care. Now get out of my way you big ass tree." I growl at him in annoyance.  Big mistake. Very big mistake.

In a flash he forces his knee up into my gut and I go down, gasping in pain.

"Sh-shit, you...bastard." I wheeze, clutching my stomach. He kneels down next to me and lifts my chin up.

"Good talk. I hope we can do this again sometime." He says before walking off.  It takes about five minutes for me to fully recover and stand back up.  I hate him so much. He has no real reason to pick on me. He only does it because I appear to be weaker than him.

I bet he's just jealous my hair is better than his. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

  I mentally smack myself in the head for being so stupid. I mean, my hair is pretty dang great, not gonna lie. But obviously that's not exactly a reason to beat someone up.

  Anyways. I drop off the stack of papers at the front office and get back to catch the last few minutes of class.

"What took you so long?" Uncle Matt asks when I walk through the door.

"Oh you know, the ladies in the office like to talk a lot when anybody comes by." I explain as I sit back down. Technically it's not a lie. Those ladies could probably have a full 30 minute long conversation about pineapples and not care how ridiculous it sounded because they're just that bored.

Matt gives me a skeptical look, making me highly uncomfortable. I hate how he seems to always know when I'm hiding something. And trust me. He ALWAYS finds out. He's like one of those guys that torture information out of people, except all he has to do is stare right into your freaking soul. Well jokes on you Matt. I lost my soul years ago.

The bell rings and I start to pack up my books. Sadly, before I can leave, Uncle Matt stops me.

"So," Matt starts "what's the real reason for you taking so long?" He asks, raising his eyebrow. I saw this coming. The man's too perceptive for his own good. "Did this have anything to do Jessie at all?"

He knows too much.

"No." Is all I say. I hate running for help whenever anything happens because of Jessie. It just gets old, and I'm tired of it.

"Danny. I practically raised you. I know when you're lying to me." He says seriously.

"I just don't want to talk about it Matt.  Now can I go before I'm late to class?"

"Yes, you can go now." I head to the door, my hand on the handle. "We will talk about this later though." He calls out.

*Sigh* "I know." And with that said, I leave.

~very short time skip~

  FRICKING HELL, DANG IT! I completely forgot that we were starting soccer in gym!  That means I have to be on a team and actually participate which is stupid because nobody wants an awkward loner on their team.  Well you know what? Screw them!  They secretly wish they had the white-hot sexiness that is me.

  And you know what's worse?  Jessie's in this class, and he's just waiting to knock me down.  I quickly get changed and get in the gym, where there's witnesses, just in case.  The warm ups are simple and are over before I know it.  But now comes the dreaded part.

"Ok! Line up! I'll be choosing your teams today!" Coach Jones yells out. There was a collective chorus of groans and complaints. "Oh be quiet, you'll all live."

Yes! This might not actually be so terrible, I guess.

  Coach starts counting us off like 1,2,3,4. Team 1 against team 3, and team 2 against team 4. I'm put on team 2 and from what I can see, Jessie is on team 4.  I look across the field to see him giving me that malicious grin of his.  Huh, this could actually be interesting.  He must think that this'll be an easy win for him.  This kinda makes me laugh a little bit.

Little does he know that I might have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Nailed it. I think in the next chapter I'll actually get more into the main point of this story, but for now, you'll just have to wait.  PEACE OUT *drops mic*