Chapter 6

^Random quote for absolutely no reason. Enjoy.
--------------------------------------------------

"Well this was a stupid idea." I mutter to myself as I enter school. Why did I tell Erica that I'd come to school? I'd really rather not come in any contact with him whatsoever. And another thing! Why did I even tell Erica? I hadn't planned on telling anyone, at least not so soon. Curse my devotion to our friendship. I even decided to call Tyler and tell him after my walk back from Erica's house.

~~Flashback to last night~~

I fiddled with my phone before finally pressing on his number. I couldn't really leave Tyler out of the loop.

I hear the ring a few times before he answers. "Hello?" The groggy voice on the other side of the phone doesn't sound too happy.

"Ooh, someone's cranky."

"No shit Sherlock. Do you even realize what time it is right now Danny?" Tyler asks irritably.

"What are you talking about? It's only like— oh, it's like one in the morning— sorry about that buddy." I chuckle lightly. I hadn't been paying attention to the time at all tonight.

"So, what do you want from me on this blessed morning?" The sarcasm is clear in his voice.

"Well first, let's talk about you. How did your little chat with lover boy go? Did you manage to not run away this time?" I tease.

"I didn't run away. Ok? We actually talked about our, misunderstanding, and then we just tried to get to know each other better for the rest of the day. Then we watched a movie at his house." He explains clearly. Yet, something seems off.

"Ah, I see. Quick question Ty. Where exactly are you right now?"

Silence falls between us as Ty most likely searches for a sufficient answer to give to me. "... I'm laying on a couch." He answers slowly.

"Would you happen to be on Scott's couch then?" I ask with a grin on my face.

"Bitch I might be." He mumbles quietly over the phone. You can practically hear the blush on his face right now. I chuckle at his embarrassment. Is this how Erica feels whenever something happens to me or Tyler?

"So did you do the do with you know who?"

"What?! No I didn't 'do the do'! We talked, watched a movie, and passed out. Nothing else happened!" Tyler whisper-yells. I laugh. "Are you going to tell me why you called now?" He asks impatiently.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that. So i had an eventful day toda— or, well, yesterday. First of all, I'm going to try out for soccer, so yay fun. Anyways, that's not the point of this phone call. So, uh, I found my soulmate and it just so happens to be Jessie, so...yeah." I quickly explain. There's a short pause as Tyler processes this exciting new information.

"......But you're not gay." He states, more to himself than me.

"Yup. That is correct."

"...Wait, I'm confused. Why is your soulmate a guy? And why Jessie? You two don't like each other. Like, AT ALL."

"Yeah...I'm not too sure about that either. I mean, I thought I was straight. I thought I was very straight. But apparently, fate didn't agree with my way of thinking."