Rule #8

Olivia's P. O. V.

As much as I wanted to stop thinking about last night, I can somehow manage to drift my thoughts back to it. Of course I did take my medication on time, just what Mom said. It only means that what happened last night was real.

When Dad got back inside, he said, "Our gas is almost empty, and I think it won't be enough to take us to the inn."

"There's no signal here too. I can't use the GPS to find a gas station or something." Mom said while looking down at her phone.

I remained silent. None of us neither talked. The loud sound effects from Adam's gadget was the only thing that kept us from the deafening silence.

Suddenly, Mom said, "Dad and I will go out. Maybe the signal will come back when I get out of here, and your Dad needs to find some gas for the car."

I saw Dad looked at Mom with confusion. But Mom looked at me instead.

"Livy, I need you to look after Adam for awhile. We'll be out quick, I promise. Being stuck in this mansion with my family is the last thing I want to happen." Mom sincerely said while looking straight to my eyes.

I nodded in reply.

"C'mon, we don't have all day for these stuff." Mom said, with Dad following behind her.

When I heard the front door shut close, I had an idea how to escape the thoughts from last night.

"No, no, no, no! I was close to the last level!" Adam whined.

"Low battery?" I asked Adam.

He tossed the gadget back to his brown backpack. "No. I drained it."

"Find a socket then, that's not a problem." I advised him.

"Finding a socket is not the problem. I left my charger at home, that's the problem."

I stood up from my seat, "Well, I have an idea."

Adam lied down on the floor.

"Why don't we play hide and seek, yeah?" I said.

He remained down on the floor, "That game is for five-year-old girls only. Which means that I will not play that game with you."

I stared at him and smirked.

"I'll take that as a yes." Then I ran as fast as I could away from my confused brother.

"Where are you-Hey Livy!" I heard him screamed while I ran as fast as I could.

After running upstairs, I turned to this unfamiliar corner and went inside the closest door.

I heard Adam say, "Livy! I don't wanna play this silly game, okay? This house is creeping me out."

I kept my mouth shut and started to observe the room behind me.

There's a small bed on the left, some toys are neatly arranged on a shelf and a broken lamp and a painting on the wall.

I wonder what happened here, I
thought to myself.

I slowly moved to the other side of the small bed and saw some crumpled papers.

Before I could even sit and take a look at the papers on the floor, I heard a loud knock on the door.