Rule #10

I walked towards the door and slowly closed it behind me.

What was that all about? What just happened?

I kept my face from showing any confusion when I got back downstairs, following behind the running Adam.

"Mom, mom, mom, please! Please, please! Let's just go back home! I don't want to be here anymore!" Adam pleaded with teary eyes.

"I badly want to get out of this place too, honey, believe me.--"

Adam hugged Mom tight.

"Please Mom, I'm really scared..." Adam cried.

Mom hushed the little kid, "Oh sweetie, don't be. Mommy is here always, don't worry. Calm down now, Adam."

I caught Mom's gaze burning at me.

"Come here, let's get you somewhere else." Mom said while pulling Adam with her.

Mom's stare was screaming you better tell what happened or you'll never see another daylight at me.

"Livy, what happened to your brother?" Dad asked, as if reading my mind.

"We were just playing hide and seek when he saw this old doll. I swear, I didn't do anything."

Dad sighed, "Why were you guys running around in this mansion? We told you stay close as possible, right?"

"I know but I just thought that maybe Adam wouldn't get bored if we play a little game while waitin--"

Dad cut me off, "Olivia, I appreciate you trying your best to be a good sister. But we are under a difficult situation right now and I really need you to be--"

It was me who cut him off this time, "Then maybe you guys should have let me have a say to this whole trip, yeah? If I said no then I could have saved us from this disaster we are having right now! This was all about 'curing' me, am I right? I'm really sorry to disappoint Dad but there's no curing happening in my life."

It left my Dad speechless. My legs managed to move and suddenly I was hit by the cold wind outside. The front doors were shut close behind me with a bang.

I noticed that the tears I held back inside are now pouring down to my shirt nonstop. I ran away to the open wet green field.

I did not ask my life to be like this! I never wish to be the schizophrenic older sister in the family! All I need was to feel complete in the real world I have never known. Was that too much to ask for?

I have never realized how lonely I am in this reality I live in.

As I watched the tears streaming down, I fell to my knees. Then I noticed the hard cold stone I was stepping on.

BRAHMS HEELSHIRE, 1991

What is this? A gravestone?

I ran my fingers to the gravestone to take a better look at it. Brahms? Who's Brahms Heelshire? How come it feels like I've heard this name before.

Then I recalled what happened upstairs in the strange room. After Adam found the old porcelain doll, I saw what was written in those crumpled papers. The rules. The name was mentioned in there.

Never Leave Brahms Alone, Never Cover Brahms Face and Brahms is Never to Leave

...

A/N

Hi there lovely human being! If you are reading this in disbelief, first i just wanna say that I am really really really really really sorry for the giraffe's neck kind of long wait 🙊🙈 this fic is like covered in cobwebs and smells like rotten dead bodies (😅) but did i even tell you how much I love you for your votes, support and even more than a thousand reads? Well then, here's to saying a big THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU 😉😊 yes, i know, i am still a horrible writer 😥 this short update is not enough for repaying you all 😳😳 well, summer is coming soon and next thing you know, this small fic of mine has finally come to an end 😊💫 i know, i thought i could manage it last year but it's never too late right? 😊😊

Sincerely panicking, me lol