f o u r

I asked many questions after that, but Orion always dodged them. That's fine if he won't talk. He probably just knew my old name because we were in the same waiting room or something.

~

The sun was going down. I was hanging out with Kai all day at the barn. Sophie had a few chores to do. As I walk down my street to the building, I hear a scream. My mom screamed the night I was taken. But this time the scream came from my sister. The Reapers! I ran up the stairs, half running, half falling, to our apartment. I was expecting a few heavy Reapers, mad at her rebellious attitude. Not two red suited people. My sister was unconscious. I took off, chasing them. But they had some kind of hook device, and they went up, climbing out of the dome I called home.

"KAI!" My tears were falling on my neck, making me sweaty and sticky. Ick. I walked my way back to his apartment, probably near Orion's, and cried. My sister wasn't coming back. What did she do? And why weren't they in black? Maybe those are generals or something.

~

Knock, knock.

"Cactus what are you doing out here?" Kai welcomed me in, and gave me a small hug. Orion was napping on one of the couches, a book in hand. I explained what had happened for the past 30 minutes. I tried not to cry, but it was like a light switch.

"Kai. She's gone. I can't get out of this bubble. I want to go home. I want my mom and dad. I want to be happy. KAI." I cried in his blue shirt, fisting parts of it so I can wipe my tears.

"Just stay with us, okay? In a few years, you'll turn 21 and get to go home." Kai patted me reassuringly.

"You don't know where they go though." I sniffled. "And you and Lauren will be gone. And then Orion. Then I'll be alone for one year. That's a lot for a person in a bubble." I sighed, laying my head on the couch.

~sorry this was a short chapter. And sorry I just got a cliche-ish thing happen. It will get better if you comment! Like Fr Fr Fr~