e i g h t

The light shone, casting tattoos on my face. I yawned. "Ahh. Orion did we make it back home?" I giggled, and rolled on her stomach. "Orionn!" I flicked his forehead. Orion grunted, and rolled his eyes. "K.. Getting up.. We need to find Kai and Lauren." He wiped his eyes with his sleeve.

Orion huffed, and walked out the cave.

I sighed, my eyes rolling back into sleep...

~

I woke, a pair of golden eyes staring at me. That wasn't Orion. He had green pools. It was a girl, a bit younger than me, with freckles that were all over her face like grains of sand. "Hello, Cactus." She chirped, grinning. "Orion was just preparing dinner for us!" She sashayed out of the cave, the smell of food packets ahead of her.

I yawned, brushing the decaying leaves off my jeans. I walked out, crouched. Orion had a fire going, him and the freckles girl chatting. "Oh! Cactus! This is KJ, also known as Kasha-Jane." Kasha giggled, and said back, "oh stop! Just call be Kasha or Jane!"

My jaw must've been wide open, because Orion and her looked at me weirdly. "Where..? She isn't from our?.. ORION WHERE THE HECK DID YOU FIND HER?!" I pointed to the alarmed dirty blonde. "It's not nice to point at people." Orion chuckled, "when I went out to get water, she was too. Cactus, she said she's from another society, far away. She's pretty rad." He glanced back at her, Kasha laughing.

"He was telling me how you four got out. Pretty amazing." KJ purred, clinging onto Orion. "Orion taught me how to cook and hunt!" Kasha-Jane added.

"She sure is good at it." Orion playfully punched the side of her arm. I felt a pang of jealousy. Why her? We don't even know her! She could be lying and soon we're in a trap. Plus, she's flirting with Orion and she looks like she's 12!

"Kasha, how old are you?" I questioned, more snapped. "I'm 17, got a prob?" She giggled again. It was annoying. I rolled my eyes, she's such a kid. I went back to where I was sleeping, the right corner of the cave. It was kinda gross, but better than hearing Kasha's voice again. I rested my head on the damp bag, shutting my eyes. Why why why

~
I know, short. SHORT. Short short. Short short short short shor-t t. Anyways, how abt this new character? Too happy? Little boring? Comment and tell be what u think ppl!

Xoxo,
Skye~