s i x

Me and Orion, arrived in a field. Exhausted, and hungry. We ran from the dome. And possibly from Kai and Lauren. I hope we find them. Orion sits down, panting.

"It's hot out here." I wipe my palm against my forehead."Ya think?" Oh, I'll never get tired of his sarcasm.

"Why do you always avoid me?" I questioned. He turns to look at me, and grins. "I never avoid you, Opal."

"Don't call me that." I hiss. I actually kind of like it when people call me Opal. But not Orion. He makes me feel like my real name is a bad thing.

"Aren't you going to ask how I know your real name?" He lays down on the grass. "No."

"Not what I expected, but I'll tell you anyways because I know you want to know." Orion smirks, amused. "I know because I dated you for a while."

I laugh. "I never would've dated an ignorant jerk, especially when I was 10."

"I was just kidding. We used to have a treehouse together. Our families were close." I stare at him. "You weren't at my eleventh birthday party." Sighing, I rummaged through my bag, avoiding his green eyes.

"Well, your mom got mad at mine, and we never saw each other after your 9th birthday party. We moved to Kihe." I nodded.

"Cmon." His head jerked back in to his usual blank stare. "We got to find Kai and Lauren."

I brushed off the grass from my jeans, and wiped the sweat off my forehead.

"Do you remember anything from your 14 year old life?" I forgot that he moved to our bubble but was 15. They usually start out at 12 or 14.

Orion sighed. "No. I remember only one thing. That I tried something. And it ended me going here. And no, I don't think that's where rebels go." His hand brushed my arm, sending chills up my spine. "It wouldn't make sense to put a trouble maker into the same thing with different people. I actually think I tried to escape." I looked into the green eyes.

The walk in the forest was full of noises, not like the ones in the dome. I heard chatter of.. Birds? Squirrels? I vaguely remember squirrels. There was the rustle of leaves, the wind howling.

The sun was setting, and I felt that we were waking nowhere. No change of scenery. Just green. And a few animals here and there. I had to look away when Orion killed a squirrel.

"Cmon, let's go to this cave, so we can start a fire." He mumbled, drinking his water.

~this was like the shortest chapter ever! Oh whale, gotta be quick.~