n i n e

Kasha-Jane looked familiar. I don't know where I remember her face from. Orion and her always talked a lot, which is particularly odd for a person like Orion. He's usually very hidden, but if you saw him and Jane, you would've thought they were sharing the biggest secret ever. I was a little jealous. Me and Orion were friends for longer than him  and her have. I rolled my eyes.

Orion was never mine anyways. This is what I get for waiting. I bet Kai and Lauren are having a dandy time alone together. And I'm sticking third wheel. At least if I was there Kai and Lauren would actually see my presence, unlike Kasha and Orion. Practically just straying in a cave, while they probably make out somewhere outside.

I have the urge to take off, and run. To feel the grass sliding on my heels, the moon chasing me. I didn't need them getting in the way of finding my sister. I was going to find her on my own, Orion or not.

And I did.
___

Kai and Lauren~ 3rd POV

Lauren was laughing. She was laughing. A beautiful laugh. A laugh of some little girl that lived on a ranch back in Texas. Kai smirked, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

She never told him a lot about her old life. And she doesn't want to. Every time he brings it up, she clams up, and makes a smooth excuse, resulting in him shutting his mouth.

Kai slept next to Lauren. Their bags separating the two. That's how it should be. The wall. No more than someone to talk to. He usually finds himself playing with her braid, which is the creepiest thing he's ever done.

Kai rolled back on his side, groaning. It was early in the morning. Or late at night. The sky was dark, slits of the stars from the branches.

And then, he closed his eyes, his breath steady, a bomb, ready to explode.

___

Kasha Jane, 1st POV

I giggled. I loved hearing Orion's jokes. I felt mended back with someone. Someone human. Not someone who leaves you in a house, with no windows, no doors. Just a house. And then of course, I couldn't stay there for long.

But I felt as if Cassie.. Kerri... Cactus, was off. Like we had Cactus-repellent on us. Orion was showing me the constellations, and he fell into a slumber. He forgot to show me many more (that I knew of course). And I lied to this sweetheart. Saying I escaped blah blah. I felt a pang of guilt, my brain conspiring against me. A rattle dismissed my thoughts. And I grabbed the closest thing to
me, a rock. The dark haired girl emerged from the back of the cave, crawling, then breaking into a run out of the clearing. It was her.

Cactus was running away.

___

~So I just finished "Steal Your Heart" by pingoodle. Pingoodle . You should check it out. It shattered my heart.

Xoxo,
Skye~