Chapter Eleven: Abigail Callaghan

Ooh! Big Hero Six is having an animated series next year! *party*

It looks like Pokemon isn't the only series I'll be looking forward to :3

--

"What if I mess up again? I'll become a failure."

"You're not. You are going to get back in there and patch up your mistake. I mean, it's not that hard. Okay fine, it is that hard. But you only made one mistake and all you gotta do is apologize for acting all psycho earlier. You're used to being in the spot light, now use your boldness to apologize. That is nothing compared being in trial. Go back in there and prove those people you are a good and collected hostess. Not a spoiled thirteen year old!" You spoke with much authority, eyes boring holes into Kathryn's.

Kathryn stares at you with wide and surprised irises. She couldn't believe for a second that this girl before her is you. She has done nothing but be mean and snobby towards you, how are you still able to humble yourself before her and help her? A guilty twinge pained Kathryn in the heart.

With a curt nod, she gave you a quick hug, which startled you. You're never comfortable with any caring affections, especially if it includes skin ships. And in addition, it's Kathryn you're talking about. What a way to make it worst.

"Thanks," She murmurs.

"Uh. . ." You began, unsure what else to say, "Okay. Cool." You patted her back awkwardly, silently wishing she would pull away immediately.

As requested, Kathy moves away from you and she composed herself. "Yeah, forget I did that," She mutters, "Anyway, I'm going to fix my mistake but remember, I'm doing because I want to, not because I listened to you. Got it?" She states, point in a finger at you.

You nodded, mentally face palming. "Whatever makes you comfortable."

Kathryn offered you one of her genuine smile. Not the sarcastic or smug one, a true and beautiful smile and it looks good on her. "Good, now that's cleared, I'm leaving." With that said, she spun around and headed back inside her house, not after stopping by the entrance to take a deep breathe to calm herself.

You unconsciously smiled at her simple kind of antics. You knew it must have taken her a lot of courage to embrace you since it's crystal clear to everyone she's not very fond of you. "Tsundere," You whispered to no one in particular, shaking your head with a low chuckle.

"Wow, I never expected you could talk Kathryn Bernard back into it. Normally, she'll refuse any form of help since she's a bit self absorbed and thinks she can do anything with no help. But with you, she just gave in. That's a first, coming from a Bernard member. You must be a very important person to her. So congrats." You jolted in shock the moment you heard a feminine voice speak behind you. Whirling around, you saw a gorgeous lady standing by the entrance of the gazebo, holding a fragile and simmering wine glass in one perfectly manicured hand. She had her head fixated at the direction of the house.

You staggered back in the slightest, confusion twisting on your face. "Who are you?" You asked in an instant.

The woman twirled her head and locked gazes with you. You were taken aback by her unique beauty and from your point of view, you can't help but notice the minor yet angelic features she had. Her light auburn locks are curled perfectly as it cascaded on her shoulders, her porcelain skin can make the others envious, her sparkling hazelnut eyes, smooth and delicate cheekbones decorated with light pink blush, and full lips. Not only that, her strapless white gown hugged her curves and the skirt elegantly flower behind her. Her mere sight can put Aphrodite to shame and you would not blame any guy if they turn brain dead if they are ever lucky enough to be graced by her presence.

Who is she? And why is she the only one blessed with good looks?

The lady gasps quietly. "Oh, how rude of me. I haven't introduced myself." She bellows quite sheepishly, "I'm Abigail. And you are?"

You debated whether to tell her your name but nonetheless, you did.

"Jiyoon (Y/N), huh? Cute name." She compliments with a stunning smile.

"Not really, but thanks I guess." You shrugged nonchalantly.

Abigail sips on her wine and carefully sets it on the smooth tiled floor of the gazebo. "Believe it or not, but I personally know some people from the Jiyoon family. Like Jiyoon Red, the first ever business woman to make a deal with a deadly dictator. Jiyoon Justine, the man who sacrificed himself for the sake of the voting ballots. And Jiyoon Veronica, a trusted friend of mine." She recites, smiling as she reminisces back in the past, "All of them are very great people with big roles in earth. But unfortunately, they all had horrible demise." There was sadness in her tone and even her facial expression says it all.

Guilt hovers above you like a rain cloud, showering you with heat loads of guilt. You knew all those people she mentioned, they were all very close to your parents and hearing something like that from a complete stranger to you was unbelievable. Maybe I was too judgmental on her.

Scratching the back of your head, you said, "Yeah. They were,"

Abigail leans on the large and nicely designed pillar keeping the gazebo together, lifting her chin up to stare at the beautiful star filled sky.

"How did you know about them? I never heard any of them mention your name." You stated, arms folded.

"That's probably because they rarely speak about me. They usually talk about business, sponsorship, and more of that stuff, and I wasn't into that much so I'm sort of excluded in that topic. But you might have heard of my Dad, Robert Callaghan!" She spouts eagerly, a smile gracing her lips, "

Your mouth hung wide open, inviting flies to enter. "Callaghan? The Robert Callaghan? You don't mean the head professor of SFIT? Wow, he's a legend!"

Abigail sighs sadly. "Well, former head professor."

You fell silent. "What do you mean? Is he fired or something?" You questioned.

Abigail was quiet for a few moments before breaking the ice. "I don't know most of the events but, something really bad happened that he is involved in and long story short, he got arrested and he's in jail as of this moment."

You immediately regretted bringing her Dad as a conversation topic, though you knew you won't be able to resist talking and asking questions about her said parent. But deep down, in the depths of your ice cold heart, you were curious about what happened. What did Callaghan do to be sent to prison? You heard he was an excellent professor at SFIT and he's a respectable business partner of the Jiyoon blood. How could he be in jail?

He was such a good man? What in the world did he do?

"Oh," You said, the other words that wanted to leave your mouth hitching in your dry throat, "Sorry."

Abigail didn't speak for a minute before she left something vibrate on her purse. Taking a look from her mobile, she gasps under her breathe before facing you.

"Sorry to cut this conversation short but I need to go. Hopefully we'll see each other again, (Y/N)! Bye!" She left as she hastily shoved her phone back into her purse, running back into the house.

That's weird.

You tried shrugging her strange behavior but you can't help but ponder over it. But then in the middle of your thoughts, you smelled an odd scent coming from the direction of the house.

You turn and the alarm in your mind automatically rang.

--