Chapter Twenty Three: Comfort

Dinner was suppose to be the only time in the day where one whole and complete family spend time with one another while eating a delicious dish, chatting about how their day went, how the food tastes, joking around and more of the sort. Well that was definitely not the case you are familiar with, especially if one long and awkward silence surrounded the whole dinning room while you ate with your uncle.

Thoughts and recollections of the earlier events immediately came rushing back into your mind like a strong tidal wave, along with a strong pang of pain, as you poked and played with the delicious stake before you. The mouth watering and pleasing aroma of the said food swirled into your nose but it only made you want to puke out everything, as well as your existence, if possible.

"Is there something wrong?" The concerned question of your unusually quiet uncle Patrick immediately snapped you back to reality.

You lifted your gaze over to him and averted as soon as you saw his deep and serious frown. "Nothing." You replied curtly.

He sets his spoon and knife down before folding his arms over his chest, a demanding posture for a man like him. "I know when something is not wrong, (Y/N)." He said.

"Then why did you bother asking?" You retorted bitterly, nearly chocking yourself for raising your voice.

Patrick sunk back into his seat like a defeated opponent and sighed, "Is it really that hard to open up to me?"

You frowned, dropping your knife in the process. I don't know. You're practically the reason why I'm fatherless so that should be a really good excuse not to trust you with my own issues.

"You know what," Patrick started, "Forget everything I said earlier. I'm not going to force you to say anything to me. I just. . . never mind. I won't press any further."

You stated at him with a puzzling expression plastered on your face before huffing. "As you should." You muttered and chewed on a small piece of stake before another wave of bile burned your throat. You forced yourself to swallow the bitter substance and immediately drank the cold water resting next to your plate.

"Are you okay?" Patrick asked worriedly, eyebrows furrowing in genuine concern.

You let out a satisfied gasp and shook your head. "No, I'm good."

The whole dinner dragged on painfully slow but it soon came to an end and you rushed back to your bedroom, fast and swift enough to put Flash himself to shame. As you were falling into slumber, the loud and obnoxious sound of the door knocking immediately snapped you back to reality. You scowled in annoyance and trudged over to the door.

Just about as I was falling asleep, really? Don't people nowadays know how freaking hard it is to fall asleep?

You swung the door open and your scowled deepened upon seeing your incredibly loathed uncle. "Oh, it's you." You motioned to close the door but he stopped you from doing so.

"What do you want?" You hissed venomously, the urge to sleep already consuming you.

Patrick sighed. "Were you about to sleep?"

No, I was about to ride a surfboard on a sandy desert. The answer should be obvious.

"I don't know, what do you think?" You spat out, anxious to get some rest. Your body was beginning to ache for sleep and strength for tomorrow.

"Look, I know you hate me," Patrick started.

"I beg to differ but whatever." You interrupted as you rolled your eyes heavenwards.

"Just hear me out okay? I know you hate me a lot and maybe that's still an understatement but I just wanted you to know that whatever is bugging you right now, you can tell me and I will do my best to help you."

Guilt and gladness pricked your cold heart ever so slightly as he finished his small speech. You'd be lying if you didn't say you weren't touched by it.

"Is that all? Can I go back to sleep cause I'm really, really, tired."

Patrick was obviously dismayed by your response based on how gloomily his shoulders sunk. He heaved out a small and quiet sigh before bidding goodbye. Just before he could make his way downstairs, you called out for him and he turned, confused.

"Hey," You grumbled but enough for him to hear, "Good night, okay?" With that being said, you closed your door and slumped against it, feeling some weigh on your shoulder slowly falter. Unbeknownst to your consciousness, a soft smile appeared on your brims.

I hate him, still.

***
_____________________
KATHRYN BERNARD

Get your ass over here at my house and calm this Hamada rampaging in my room!

_____________________
KATHRYN BERNARD

He looks so worried and gui-- Oh gosh, he's throwing my underwear outside help shi

_____________________
KATHRYN BERNARD

I managed to stop him but my bra is now hanging on a light post. Great, thanks for the help (Y/N)

_____________________
KATHRYN  BERNARD

I'm pleading to you now!!!! Hurry up and calm Hiro!! He's really worried about you

_____________________
KATHRYN  BERNARD

Never mind that. He's on his way on your house! Good luck not

--

This is one short and uninteresting update but I wanted to show the improvement in the family of the reader instead of just focusing on actions and romance. So, I was originally going to update last week but something came up and I had no motivation or whatsoever to publish. I'll post an author about what came up and why I'm feeling down lately.

Please do follow, vote and comments

xoxoReynaJessica