Chapter Twenty One: Busted

Where are the comments? I really want someone to talk to!

Do you hate me already :(

Did you guys leave me already :'(

"Don't go away."

Please comment 😫

Please comment 😫

Fine, we'll just bring back the old outro when I was still writing Loving My Rival :D Like good old times.

--

The overwhelming adrenaline that once grew largely in your stomach ever so slowly died down, giving you enough time to calm your erratic heart and mind. Kathryn seemed to be in the same state as you, for she was leaning against the locked door, catching her breathe.

"So," Hiro starts, staring at you with a poker face, "I hope you don't mind me asking but why are you trying to break into my garage? I mean, I know you hate me and all but I didn't think you'd go as far as this."

A tired sigh escaped your lips. "Later, I'll tell you but for now," You faced the female brunette and watched as she sifted through her pocket frantically and take out her inhaler. You raised an eyebrow at the foreign object in her hands as she took three puffs out of it.

"We need water," You continue.

Hiro nodded and brought the two of you into the cafe. The pleasant and familiar aroma of the newly baked pastries wafted around the room, reminding you that you were finally safe.

You sat down with Kathryn at an unoccupied table and waited patiently for Hiro. Said male emerged from the kitchen with two glass of ice cold water in his grasp. Kathryn's eyes sparkled with delight at the sight and wasted no time swallowing down the whole drink to satisfy her parched throat.