Chapter Twenty Five: Karma

Please bear all the grammatical errors
because

--

Walking down the crowded of San Fransokyo sidewalk with your head lowered to avoid any unnecessary and unwanted attention and awkward eye contacts with strangers that you always seems to find yourself whenever you're in the public's eye, you take one deep breathe and huffed, quietly praying that taking a walk outside would make you forget about the events yesterday night. All of it.

Take a walk outside, he said. It will help you, he said. Do I look like the person who wants to spend their free time outside rather than being inside the comfort of their house?

The scorching rays emitted by the sun gently touched your skin, burning you ever so slightly. You narrowed your eyes through the rays and moved forward, staggering to one place to another, miraculously still able to dodge all the pedestrians. Your head was beginning to ache and pound, like your ow brain was trying to break through you skull and leave you.

"Is this a migraine?" You muttered to yourself, grunting as the pain intensified.

You could feel the whole world, possibly the whole universe itself, was closing in on your dizzy figure while it rotated in a monstrous pace. The chattering of the people sounded vicious and menacing and the honking of the vehicles in the streets have taken another level of volume that your ears could no longer handle the noises around. Your sight was beginning to go hazy and all you could make out through your gaze was the blurry silhouette of your surrounding.

It hurts. Damn it, my freaking head hurts.

You immediately stopped dead on your tracks and held your head, digging your nails into your skin. Tears sprung up to yours eyes, threatening to cascade down your cheeks. "Please, stop." You pleaded to nobody in particular. You hoped that your begging would lessen the pain you are feeling but you were incorrect.

"(Y/N)."

Who's that?

You searched for the owner of the voice but your sight made it impossible.

"(Y/N)." It repeated, only louder this time.

Hiro?

Blinking, you spun around only to face the last person you wanted to see. Abigail Callaghan stood in front of you with her arms crossed with authority, making her look like an intimidating woman. She wore a regular outfit but with the way she was staring at you with disapproving eyes, you knew she meant business and only that.

"Hello Jiyoon." She greeted bitterly. "I hope you are making progress with your task."

You snarl and clenched your hands. "I am." The headache was beginning to row unbearable and you were wondering why you haven't passed out yet. "What do you want from me now?"

Abigail did not speak for a while, silently looking around before leaning closer to your ear and whispering, "I need you to make your move before I make mine. What I have in stored for you after a one week deadline is something you will not look forward to, let me promise you that."