Chapter 8

Alia P.O.V.

I heard my alarm going off, attempting to pull me from my precious sleep. I groaned and shifted slightly, snuggling into my quilt.

I was just falling back into dreamworld when my pillow shifted. Since when could pillows move by themselves? And why is my pillow much harder than usual?

I tried to open my eyes, but it's like they had been glued shut. I heard a very familiar chuckle and felt something a little like a vibration against my back.

'Alu, time to wake up.' Varun whispered, breath tickling slightly against the skin of my neck. I suppose that explains the pillow issue and the chuckle.

I groaned and shook my head. He chuckled again and I again felt the slight vibration against my back, which may have caused my pulse to pick up slightly. He really has got to stop doing things like that.

'You've got to get up. We're leaving in an hour.' He told me. Leaving? I had to think about it for a minute before I realised we were going back to India today. That meant at least 12 hours in a plane. Now I really didn't want to get up. I could practically hear Varun rolling his eyes as I shook my head again. 'Fine. I'm going to shower and get ready. You better be up by the time I'm done or we'll end up leaving you here.' He got out of bed and I was immediately awake.

And extremely cold.

I was no longer wrapped up in Varun, meaning a lot less heat and a lot more cold. It didn't help that I had apparently decided to sleep in just a t-shirt, which had shifted quite a bit during the night and now covered considerably less than it probably had when I put it on.

Wait... when did I put this on? I tried to remember getting changed but all I really remembered was barely having energy to move. I sat up and looked around. I was in a hotel room, that much I knew. I also knew there had been some kind of issue so I ended up sharing with Varun. I had probably borrowed one of his shirts considering I didn't see my bag anywhere.

My clothes from last night were neatly folded on top of Varun's bag. I don't remember folding them. Anyway, they were folded much too neatly for it to have been me that folded them. That meant Varun folded them.

My forehead creased as I tried to remember what exactly had happened last night. I knew I had been tired so I fell asleep on the bus. I had barely been able to stand straight so Varun had helped me, making sure I didn't fall. We got to the room and I flopped on the bed. Varun went to get changed. Then I think he told me to get changed and I refused. So then how did I get into this t-shirt?

I was still thinking about it when Varun walked out of the bathroom.

'Sleeping beauty awakes!' He joked. I didn't laugh. 'Okay...What's wrong? You look like you have a major headache.'

'I can't remember getting changed last night but I obviously did. But I know I didn't fold my clothes which means you did. And I remember having zero energy and refusing to actually get changed.' He nodded. 'So, putting all that together...' I trailed of as I realised what had happened. 'Tell me I'm wrong in what I'm thinking.' I asked. Of course he knew what I was thinking.

'I'm afraid not.' He told me. I groaned and buried my head in my hands.

'Oh god! I thought I had dreamt that!' I exclaimed. He started laughing. 'That actually happened? You actually changed me?'

'Yes I did. Because you were being too stubborn to do it yourself and I wanted to get some sleep.' I groaned again. 'Don't worry I didn't look...' I let out a relieved sigh which was a little premature. Varun finished his sentence. '...much.' He said with a smirk and a wink. My eyes grew wide as I took in what he just said. Again, he started laughing. I was out of be like a shot. He ran, knowing I was pissed at him. Like the idiot I am, I chased after him, not thinking about the fact that he couldn't go far or that there wasn't a whole lot of space in this room.

He ran towards the room door and I went after him. He realised his mistake when I was in front of him and he had no where to go. He looked a little frightened and I had to hold in a laugh, pretending I was still angry.

'What is wrong with you?!' I asked. 'First you decide to change me and then you look?' Frightened changed to annoyed. He quickly moved towards me and the next thing I know, he's not half a foot in front of me and my back's against the wall.

'I didn't decide to change you. You were the one that told me to.' He told me, his voice a rough, low murmur. 'I'd apologise for looking, but you gave me an open invitation and it was kind of hard not to. I'm sure any guy in my position would have looked. I mean, have you seen yourself? You're a little hard to resist.' I couldn't form words, distracted by his close proximity and more than a little confused by what he had just said.. He took a step closer and placed his hands on the wall behind me, one on either side of my head. Yet again, I was wondering why he has such an affect on me. He briefly moved his hand to tuck my hair behind my ear before returning it to its spot on the wall. My breathing sped up and he smirked, leaning in even closer. 'Get changed. You've got twenty minutes.' He whispered before suddenly moving away. I stood there a minute longer, waiting for my heart rate to go back to normal before going to get changed.

A/N: I know this is a pretty short chapter and there wasn't any memories in it, but I kind of like writing these little scenes and I couldn't really think up a way to work a memory in.

I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you soon.