Chapter 16

Alia P.O.V.

You know people say that when you find the person you're supposed to be with, you know. They'll make you feel like nothing else matters. They'll make you feel complete.

And when you kiss them, it's like magic. It's like fireworks going off in your head and time stopping and bells going off.

I never believed any of it. If I had, I probably would've realised that me and Varun were supposed to be together a long time ago.

We'd been filming Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania for a couple of weeks when we had to film the kiss scene. We'd had the workshops and we'd prepared for it, but we hadn't actually kissed yet. Everyone had been expecting us to freak out about it. They had thought we'd have reservations about doing a kiss scene with each other because we've known each other so long. They were wrong, mostly.

Up until the night before we were supposed to shoot the scene, I had been completely calm about it. We were just acting. It's not a big deal. It wasn't me and Varun in the scene, it was Humpty and Kavya. But then, I don't know what happened, I started really thinking about it. The more I thought about it, I began to realise that we may be playing characters, but I was still going to have to kiss my best friend.

Now, there's nothing really wrong with that and I didn't really have objections to kissing Varun, I mean, he's attractive and I'm fairly sure he's not a bad kisser, but he's also the single most important person in my life. And sometimes I do think that it would be so easy to fall for him. There just needs to be a kind of trigger action. What if this kiss was the trigger?

I needed to stop myself from panicking, so, despite the fact that I was exhausted and Varun was probably also exhausted and it was late and we'd been filming all day and we had to get up in the morning, I decided to go talk to Varun.

I made my way out of my room quietly and took the three steps across the hall to Varun's room, thankful that nobody was out in the hall. I knocked on his door and waited.

He opened the door within a few seconds and silently let me in. I heard the door shut as I sat on the bed and waited for him to join me.

'You couldn't sleep either?' He asked, sitting next to me.

'Nope. You know my brain likes to try and solve complicated problems late at night.'

'What are you trying to solve today?' With anyone else, I probably would've beat around the bush. But I didn't bother. I was always straight with Varun.

'I'm trying to figure out what it's going to be like to kiss you.' I told him. I didn't expect him to be shocked and he wasn't.

'I've been thinking about that as well. I know we're supposed to seperate ourselves from the characters, but there's no dialogue here. It's not going to be so easy.' He said.

'Once again, you read my mind.' He laughed.

'We're always thinking the same thing, Alu.'