Chapter 22

Alia P.O.V.

I ran onto set, well aware that I was almost half an hour late. Traffic had been worse than usual due to an accident and the journey that should have taken me less than half an hour took me almost three quarters of an hour. Then I had to get into costume once I got here so I ended up being half an hour late.

'I'm so sorry, I woke up late and then there was an accident and traffic. I'm really sorry.' I apologised to Abhi as I put my stuff down. He glared at me and Arjun stood behind him, silently laughing.

'You left early last night and you couldn't even get here on time today? I don't recall you being so relaxed about time keeping, Alia.' Abhi told me coldly.

'I said I'm sorry, Abhi. I can't help it if there was traffic. How is it my fault if there was an accident?' I asked, exasperated.

'You should have woken up earlier.' He replied.

'I woke up at six! That too after going to sleep after midnight. What was I supposed to do, just not sleep?'

'That's not my problem. My problem is that you showed up late.' He shrugged.

'What is the big deal? I wasn't even half an hour late!' I exclaimed. I couldn't understand what his issue was, I've not been late once in the entire schedule and he kicks up a fuss the first time I am.

'Abhi, give her a break. She must've been caught up with something important at home.' Arjun cut in. I gave him a grateful look and he nodded.

'Fine. Now you two get into position, we need to start filming.' Abhi directed. We both hurried onto the set, going to the correct spots.

***

We ended up shooting until almost ten with few breaks in between. We only had half an hour for lunch and a few five minute breaks as the designers set the scene. I didn't even get the chance to text Varun other than a quick message to tell him I couldn't talk.

By the time I got to my car at the end of the night, I was completely exhausted.

'Yaar, I think Abhi needs to take a chill pill. He was pushing us way too hard today.' Arjun whined as we walked to the car park.

'Well, we are behind schedule. We only have a few days to wrap. We still have quite a few scenes to film.' I justified.

'Alia, we have almost a week to film ten scenes. That's plenty of time.'

'Ten scenes? That's it? Wow.' I hadn't realised that we had almost finished.

'Yeah. Ten more scenes and then you and Varun are back to shooting together. By the way, you two still haven't told me about this secret project.'

'And I'm not going to until it is officially announced.'

'But the whole world knows you two are filming a movie. We don't know anything else, but still.' He said, trying to get information out of me.

'Arjun, I have told you before, it is not up to me to reveal any details other than it is a film me and Varun are shooting together. I can't even tell you about any of the other actors.' I reminded him.

'So there are other actors?'

'Of course there are other actors! You can't make a film with only two actors.' I stated.

'Okay, fine, don't tell me anything.' He sighed.

'I won't. Anyway, my car is here. See you tomorrow.' I told him.