Chapter 15

Varun P.O.V.

'But why?' Alia asked. She looked like it was the most important question in the world. And I guess it was.

'Because I'm in love with you.' I whispered, scared of what her reaction would be.

She just stood there, staring at me in shock. I started to panic. What if I had got it wrong? What if she hadn't meant me? That could ruin our whole friendship. Shit! I've screwed up and now I'm going to lose her! Is there a rewind button on life? I really need to take it back. I can't afford to lose her.

And she's still just staring at me.

Okay, Varun, calm down. You might be overreacting. It wouldn't be the first time.

I'd just gotten back from talking to Karan. He'd called me to his office and I'd thought he had another AD job for me. Turns out, he had a role for me. Of course, the first person I wanted to tell was Alia but she wasn't answering the phone.

I dialed her number for the seventh time and waited as it rang.

'Hey, you've reached Alia Bhatt. I can't get to the phone right now, but leave me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.' I groaned as I heard the message again.

'Alu, will you please pick up! I've called you like 7 times now! Just, give me a call, please. I'm starting to worry.' I hung up and debated calling her again but decided against it. If I called her again and she was trying to call me, we'd both get voicemail. Instead, I decided to call Shraddha.

Thankfully, she answered.

'Hey, Varun. What's up?' She answered.

'Hey. Not a lot. What's up with you?' I could have told her about the movie, but I wanted to tell Alia first.

'Nothing. Just trying to get a hold of Alia. We we're supposed to go shopping but she's not answering my calls.' My heart sank and the concern started to build. I had been hoping Shraddha had heard from Alia.

'You haven't heard from her either?' I asked.

'What do you mean either?'

'She's not answering my calls. I've called 7 times in the past 10 minutes.'

'If you've called that many times and she hasn't answered...' She didn't need to finish the sentence.

'I know. I'm getting worried.'

'Did you speak to her yesterday?'

'Yeah. She seemed fine then.'

'Nothing could have happened in the past 24 hours.' She tried to reassure me.

'Anything could happen in 24 hours!'

'Okay. Calm down. She might have lost her phone.'

'She would've let us know. I think I'm going to call Shaheen.'

'Okay. Let me know what she says.'

'I will.' I hung up the phone and dialed Shaheen's number.