Chapter 18

Alia P.O.V.

I checked my watch as I watched them prepare the shot. Six thirty. I had hoped to be out of here by seven at the latest but I don't think that'll happen.

I sighed for the third time in five minutes as I watched two of the set designers argue about something. It should have been a simple set up, but something had been changed last minute. They'd been trying to get this done for the past half hour and they still hadn't. All that was supposed to have been done was changing the layout a little, but now the whole thing looked completely different, not to mention it was a huge mess.

'I don't think we're getting out of here before 9.' Arjun said, coming to stand next to me. I groaned.

'I hope not. I wanted to be done by seven.'

'Why?' I swear, people are just so curious nowadays.

'I've got somewhere I need to be at half seven. If we aren't out of here by seven, I'm not going to make it.' I complained.

'Can't you rearrange?'

'Yeah, no. Not going to happen.' I groaned again as something fell and smashed. I'm not sure what it was, but from the way people were shouting, I think it was important.

'What, you got a hot date or something?' Arjun asked.

'No. But I can't bail on this. Getting there for half seven is already going late.' My phone buzzed. I didn't even need to check to know it was yet another text asking me how long I was going to be. I didn't open the message, but Arjun saw my phone.

'So you have a date with Varun?' His tone was teasing.

'No. He's just one of the people I have plans with.' I don't know why I was being so evasive. I couldn't explain it to myself. It was a, for simplicitys sake let's sat family, get together, not some kind of secret meeting.

'Okay, Little Miss Secretive.' I rolled my eyes. My phone went off again, this time playing Yeh Ladka Hai Deewana.

'I better take this.' I told Arjun. He nodded and I took a few steps away from him before answering.

'Varun, I'm a little busy right now, can I call you back?' I asked, not bothering to say hello and very aware that there were people listening to the conversation.

'Where are you? You were supposed to get here a 6.'

'I know. But there was no way I was going to be done in time to get there. I did tell Papa to tell you guys I'd be late.' My dad had probably forgotten.

'How late?'

'I don't know. I had hoped to be done here by 7, but I don't think I will be.' I could imagine the look of disappointment on his face. 'Aren't Shraddha and Shaheen there yet?' They were generally both punctual people.

'They are but we're getting bored. There's only so many three people games to play.'

'You mean there's only so many three people games that you guys are willing to play without me.' It's sweet that they wouldn't start the games without me, but I didn't know how long it would take.

'Yep. And you know that this is going to turn into a games night. Which means we will end up playing cards with everyone and antakshri. We are missing valuable strategy planning time.' I laughed.

'You mean time to make up a list of all the songs we could possibly think of?'

'Exactly! You're the song encyclopedia.' I let out a sigh.

'Okay. I'll try my best to get there soon.'

'Good. See you soon then.'

'Yeah. Bye.' I hung up the phone and walked towards my director.