Jacob

32

32

"That's bullshit!" I slammed both of my hands down on the table in front of me.

My record label is trying to tell me who the fuck I can and can't date.

I knew I had my mean mug on when Michael continued to talk.

"Also it's not the right time to release those songs for your new EP." Michael said to me with annoyance in his tone.

"Nah nah, my fans have been waiting for new songs and a album. I can't put out an album right now so that's why I chose the EP." I argued.

Michael sighed, "Let's take this one problem at a time. Your girlfriend has to go, she use to be a stripper she's bringing negative publicity on you." 

I shook my head not saying a word, because I couldn't believe that they were actually saying this to me.

How did they even know about Jasmine being a stripper is beyond me.

"You need to get back with Tamia, she actually has something going for herself unlike Jasmine. As for an album or EP your not ready for that, you don't have enough fans... so nobody would buy it."

"Fuck you! After this last song I'm recording for you, I'm done with this label. Jasmine is twice the woman Tamia is! Don't bring down others because you're fucking miserable. Jasmine is the best thing that ever happened to me, if you can't accept her then I'm done. You don't even have faith in me.. why sign me if your doubting me?"

Before they could say anything else, I stormed out their office not looking back.

*

"Replay that part back for me D."

David nodded and replayed Heartbreak Around The World.

This is the last song I'm recording for this label then I'm gone.

David and Mya were my inspiration for this song, I haven't told him yet.

I wanna see if he'll figure it out.

See I'm stuck in a maze, trying to find
Find my way back into your life
Dying for one, one night with you
Just one more chance, and that will do
Cause I was thinking 'bout lies, thinking 'bout truth
What can I do to make it up to you?
Thinking 'bout life, thinking 'bout time
Thinking like I'm losing my mind
You got me singing like

Oh oh, never gonna find another love like you like
Oh oh, I had another lover but she just won't do it and
I can't take it, so come back girl
Swear to God if you don't come back girl like oh oh
This will be the heartbreak heard around the world

I opened my eyes once the beat stopped, David was no longer sitting in the studio chair.

I let the headphones fall to my feet and I ran out the studio booth.

Soon as I turned the corner David was sitting on the floor crying.

I've never seen my homie so broken before but I know he can get through this.

I sat down across from him, "Be strong things will work itself out."

David shook his head, "Nah J; I really hurt her this time. You know what..I think she's better off without me."

I sat there silent, letting my homie get out what he was holding in.

David sniffed, "Serenity is mad confused and she misses Mya like crazy. No matter how much Leah tries Ray Ray isn't having it."

D looked at me then continued, "I can't stand to look at her knowing that I'm the cause of breaking Mya's heart. Maybe we can be cordial in the future but as of now it can't happen."

I nodded trying to figure out where he was going with this.

Another tear fell from his eye, "I love her, I wanted a family with her. Instead I made a family with someone else..I'm not going to flaunt it in her face everyday she's been through enough."

David was silent for a few minutes, "I'm leaving..but I'll be back soon."

"You can't just leave, D. Mya might need you, what if she tries to harm herself again?" I argued

David sighed and looked at me, "I need to leave its for the best, trust me on this. Mya might break down.. please look after my baby girl. I can no longer look after her, she doesn't need me anymore. It's time for both of us to move on."

"I'll look after her D but you need to stay in touch so I know my homie and god daughter are good."

David nodded his head yes, "Don't fuck up like I did bro..you and Jas have something special don't let nobody come in between..or I will personally wope your ass myself."

I laughed to myself, "Thank you and you won't need too..I know my place and she knows hers."

*

I walked out the studio feeling my phone vibrate for the hundredth time.

My ma has been calling me non stop, she must've found out that I left my record label.

We needed to have this talk in person this isn't a over the phone conversation.

I texted her letting her know that I will stop by so we can talk.

Right in the middle of texting her, I ran into somebody.

I looked up at the person to apologize but once I realized who it was I held my tongue.

"So I heard you left the record label for some girl." My father said to me while putting his hands in his pockets.

"That's not the only reason why I left..but why does it matter to you?"

He smirked and shook his head, "From what I hear is that I have a granddaughter so I'm making sure she is in good hands..and well taken care of."

I sucked my teeth, this nosey ass nigga hear a lot of things about me.

"My daughter will be fine believe that, I'm not you I can take care of mines."

He scoffed, "I sure hope you can..Mr.EP. You have to be sponsored by a label to put out music genius."

"I know how the music industry works no thanks to you. Sit back and let me work, I'm not gonna stand here and tell you all my accomplishments...I'm gone let you see for yourself."

I walked passed him not wanting to hear anything else he had to say.

Right when I passed the Labels sign an idea popped into my head.

I'm bout to do my own shit, fuck RCA.

I'm gonna call it.. Jacobs Ink.
--------------------------------
Vote/Comment!

Jacob Latimore feat T-Pain: heartbreak heard around the world