One

"Mom, I really don't want to do this," Mitch complained, climbing out of the car.

"Mitch, all you do is sit in your room all day and play on your laptop. You need to make some friends," his mother replied, shutting the car door and locking the car.

"I have friends," he muttered under his breath.

"Friends on that Tumble thing don't count, Mitchell," Nel answered.

"Tumblr, Mother. It's called tumblr," Mitch rolled his eyes. "And fine. I'll go in there and do the show. How did they even cast me? I didn't audition."

"I sent them a recording of you at the talent show last year."

"Mom! I thought you got rid of that! Hell, I didn't even know you recorded it!" Mitch cried, approaching the door.

"Well, I did. And now, you're going in there and you're going to have fun. Love you! See you at seven!" Nel called back, before turning on her heel and leaving.

"In I go," Mitch mumbled, and opened the door to the drafty theatre. "Why is it so damn cold in here?"

"I've been wondering that for years," a small blonde girl said, walking up to him. She gave him a bright smile and held her hand out for him to shake. "Hi, I'm Kirstie. You must be new here?"

Mitch grabbed her hand and shook it gently."Yeah. I'm Mitch."

"Welcome! You're gonna love it here. We always have so much fun!" she chirped. "I'm so excited for this show! I love Into The Woods. Who do you play?"

"Oh...um....Rapunzel's prince," Mitch said softly. "Who are you?"

"Cinderella!" Kirstie smiled. "My friend Tori's Rapunzel. You'll love her! Come on!" she grabbed Mitch's wrist and pulled him into a large open room with a stage. Inside, were kids talking and laughing. A guy with long, brown hair that was pulled back into a man bun walked up to them.

"Hey, Avi, this is Mitch!" Kirstie said, standing beside Avi."He's new here!"

"Hey," Avi waved a little. "Nice to meet you."

"Hi," Mitch nodded. "Who do you play?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm not in the cast. I'm on crew. I hate being on stage," the taller boy laughed. I hate interacting with real people Mitch thought.

"Come on! We need to introduce him to everyone else!" Kirstie grinned like the Cheshire Cat, and she took Avi's hand as they walked over to a small clump of people. "Hi, guys!" she chirped.

"Hey, Kirstie," the group responded.

A tall blond looked up. "Who's the new kid?"

"This is Mitch. He's playing Rapunzel's prince!" She exclaimed. "This is Tori, who plays Rapunzel, Kevin, who's in crew, Esther, our director and Avi's sister, and oh, that's Scott. He's Cinderella's prince."

"Hello..." Mitch said quietly, giving them a small wave.

"Chill, we don't bite," a girl with dark hair like Avi's and glasses, Esther, laughed. "Come sit."

"Yeah, Mitch. We're all pretty nice here," Avi assured. Mitch walked over and sat in the farthest chair from the group.

"Come on, really. Get over here before we drag you over," Kevin smiled. "I know for a fact Scott will do it. Avi too, maybe."

"Drag!" Avi roared. Scott squinted his eyes at him.

"Stop trying use gay boy language. You didn't even use it correctly," Scott said.