Nerida Riddle, daughter of the Dark Lord - Chapter 4

Thank you for reading!! I will hopefully get another chapter done this weekend, but I have some working out to do with the plot ;)

"So you say black fire came out of the wand?" My father stood facing away from us, studying an odd diagram painted straight onto one of the cold stone walls in the meeting room. There were five of us in there, four if you didn't count Nagini, but we'd quickly become friends. My father says that most people don't count her, because they aren't parselmouths like us.

My head snapped up, as my mother confirmed what the Dark Lord wanted to know. He nodded to himself, and turned around. He held out his right hand, slipping his wand into his robes as he did so. With shaking hands, I undid the clasp on the long retangular box, and handed the wand to him. Or should I say, my wand. He took it in his long slender fingers, and grasped it tightly. He whipped it down through the cold air as I had done, but there were only sparks. He looked angry for a split second, then handed me my wand, indicating that he wanted me to try and make the black fire again. The wand produced the same black fire, that erupted out of the end of the nimble, plyable stick I held in my hand. When it had disappeared, he waved his hand through the air, that had just been alight. He nodded slowly to himself.

"It is getting late Nerida. Go to bed. But leave your wand." I did so obdiently. I almost walked the wrong way, then I got to the end of the hallway, and found the wall sealed off. Where had the North Wing gone to? All the children who were not yet eleven? I shook my head at myself, then headed up the main staircase that led to the Death Eaters' chambers.

In the night, I woke up to find my father leaning over me. I nearly screamed, but I managed to calm myself down. He had me get out of bed, and make the flames again. He nodded, and kept on nodding. All through the night I heard shouts from his room. I think he was trying out spells, or trying to make a spell.

"Ignisaero!"

"Aerisardeo!"

"Immflamoaeris!"

I had to sleep with my pillow over my head. I don't think any of them worked, though.