Nerida Riddle, daughter of the Dark Lord - Chapter 13

Suddenly, a voice came from someone standing right behind me.

"Looking for Snape?" I spun around. No one. That was Draco's sneering drawl, I'd know it anywhere.

"Draco? I know you're here somewhere!" I raised my wand, ready to fight. Downstairs I could hear the sounds of the battle getting closer. "Show yourself, Draco, or I'll start sending curses around." I feel his lips brush against my earlobe

"I'm here," he whispers, and I turn around, and sure enough, he is there.

"Where's Severus?" I demand.

"My father was told to send him to the Dark Lord."

"Where's your father?"

"Gave him the slip. But I know where Bellatrix is." He doesn't wait for my reply, but instead grabs my hand and runs, pulling me along with him. We run down a corridor that looks vaguely familiar, but I can't quite place it in my mind. I carry on running and running and running, until I'm sure we're in a part of the castle that I've never been to before. Eventually, we reached the frame of a portrait entitled: Sir Cadogan. Like all the others around it, is was empty. Draco knocked on the canvas.

"Oi, Cadogan. Open up!" The portrait didn't open up, but instead a rather hazardous-looking knight emerged from the side. He was clearly in pain, as his arm was missing.

"That way to the Divination room." We carried on running, and eventually arrived at a loft that had a ladder extended from it. I heard my mother's cackling laugh from above, and it clicked into place. Of course she was here. To torture the prophetic idiot. The one who had made my father's prophecy.