Nerida Riddle, daughter of the Dark Lord - Chapter 12

I held my wand up as I reached the end of the damp tunnel. I was pretty sure that I had heard the sounds of an ongoing battle above me, but now all I could hear was silence. I lifted my wand above my head, and murmured the spell: "Reducto."

I was showered with earth, plants, and dust, but at least I was out of the tunnel. Having climbed up, I looked around me and discovered that I had arrived in the middle of a clearing in the Dark Forest. There were the remanants of a fire, surronded by bones stripped of meat. So Fenir Greyback was aorund. I looked above me into the sky, and saw my father's symbol in the air above me. It was at least thirty times the size it was when usually conjured. It would have taken more than a couple of death eaters to do that. I breathed in, inhaling the scent of the meat, the ashes from the fire, and the damp forest air. There was only one thing left to do now. Join the battle, and find Potter.

I ran through the forest, casting a Disillusionment Charm on myself as I went. My father had been right, I had learnt something through Hogwarts.Disillusionment charms, and my way around the Forbidden Forest. I had lost count of the amount of nights I'd snuck out here and climbed a tree, and sat, and thought about my parents, and Severus, and Hogwarts, and the Death Eaters.

I slowed down as I reached the edge of the forest. I crept my way around the crowd of fighters that trailer all the way into the castle. I sent a few curses, and mostly my aim was, as usual, right on target. Still invisible, I pushed my way through the crowd in the main hall, dodging a few stray curses, and began to make my way to Severus's office. I had spent several nights with him as well, but that was only in exchange for him telling me what was going on at Malfoy Manor. My father may believe that he still loves the mudblood, but I know for a fact that he loves me. Nothing can change that. Naturally, I don't love him back, my father's genes gave me that much, but I need to see him tonight, because I can rely on him to tell me where my Mother is. I arrived outside Severus's office, panting slightly. The stone gargoyle, was unfortunately, still completely intact. I revealed myself.

"Password."

"Err...Severus?"

"Incorrect"

"Nerida?"

"Incorrect."

"Bellatrix?"

No reply. Damn it.