Chapter Fifteen: Memory Lane

I didn't know what to expect but as I went in there. But i didn't realized how relieved I was to see him okay as I almost gasped.
I ran and hugged him.

I was mad at him for getting me worried and something else we needed to discuss, but for now seeing him was the best thing that has happened to me in the past week.
"D, you're okay."

"Yea duh. You really think you can get rid of me that easily." He said and started to laugh but then looked like he was in pain.

"Don't laugh." I instructed.

"Why? I'm fine."

"Well the sharp look of pain you just made says otherwise."

I made him adjust his position on the bed so he was comfy.

"Is that better?" I asked.

"Yeah. A lot." He said

"Good. Now.."

That's when I smacked his arm.

"Owwww! Hey! What was that for?"

"For acting crazy and making me go crazy. Idiot."
I muttered the last word.

But he heard it and start chuckling to himself before he held his side in pain again.

"Didn't I just say not to laugh?" I asked

"June I'm seriously fine."

"No. Dash you're not. Wether you like it or not, you're not okay. Not only did you get some bad blows to your face and one in your stomach, but you also broke 4 of your ribs. I think that qualifies as injured."

He just looked to the other side. But I sat down on the bed with him and said,
"Dash. Look at me."

He didn't move.

"Dash please."

That's when he turned his head.
"I know what it feels like to be in here. It's not fun. People treat you like you're made of glass and that one word could break you. And even though you think you're fine, deep down you know you're not. All you can do is wait and wait until hopefully you get better and even when you do people still act like you might brake anytime. The best thing to do is build yourself back up and keep moving on."

"You're not just talking about my ribs are you?"

"No. I'm not." I said sighing knowing that this would be a long talk.

"Dash. Who did you get in a fight with?" I said looking straight into his grayish blue eyes.

"Someone." He said.

"Who?"

"You know who. Why do I have to say it?"

"Because Dash, if it was so easy for you to tell me then I wouldn't be asking. Who did you get in a fight with?"

I let my Hazel eyes bore in to his pale blue and gray ones.

He sighed.

"Jason."
...
Jason was Dash's half brother. Now normally it's supposed to be step siblings that are evil but for Dash it was always the other way around. They may have shared a father but that drew the line at their similarities.
"Why?"

"Why what?" He asked.

"Dash. Don't test me."

"Listen it wasn't my fault if that's what you're thinking."

"Dash."
It wasn't funny anymore and he knew. But he was trying to escape this talk. And he knew I knew it.

"It was just a happy reunion, okay nothing else?"