Chapter Nineteen: The Dream Team

Silence. Not even a breath. I know they would be shocked but I didn't expect this.

They were all just looking down holding their breaths, trying to process the new information. Even Dash and Mark who were usually the group's guide were stumped.

After what seemed like forever but was actually only around 5 minutes, I decided it was time to snap them out of their trance.

"Guys." I said.

But they didn't hear me.

"Guys!" Still no response.

I used my whistle.

Tweeeeeeeeettt!!

That's when I knew this was an extreme situation.

I pulled out a huge bucket and filled it with cold water. I dragged it over to the team and pulled it over their heads.

They started screaming and jumping in the air, no, flying in the air and cursing their butts off. No need to know what they said.

"You damn piece-" half of them started, but were cut off by me.

"Unless you all want me to have you run around my house while you make your choice, then I would watch your mouths."

I sighed and made them sit down guys.

Now instead of just wondering what to do, we all just sat there in silence staring at the ground.

I decided it was time to actually discuss this matter because honestly we didn't have a lot of time, this being a last minute thing.

I stood up and they all turned their eyes away from the ground and forward to me.

"Let's start over. You have a choice to make before tomorrow. I know this is short notice but a good player has got to have a quick mind moving with the game as it changes. So forget now that we have enough players and change that to we can get another one in substitute of our missing one. Okay?"

They all nodded their heads in unison.

"Good. Now, this new player is a girl. I told you if you don't really want another girl on our team then we can play it stupid and have only 2 people benched at a time. So what it's gonna be?"

I expected to them to take a moment, get into a huddle, and talk about their choice but instead tiny Adrien asked the question that seemed to be on their minds, because when he asked me all of them turned their eyes once again and awaited an answer.

"Why was this a decision that you didn't get involved with? Wouldn't it be a lot easier for you to choose and we just follow with what you say. I mean you always pick the right thing for us anyway and it works out because you always choose the thing that's best for the team. So why didn't you just decide and make it easier for all of us?"

"I know you're all not only great players but great people. I know for a fact that you never give up no matter how hard things may seem wether we lose a soccer game, I give you an "impossible" practice, or even if it's just encouraging one another to keep going. Even if it doesn't seem like it, I really love coaching you guys. This right here is my dream team. And this dream team of mine honestly does deserve the best. I would love to have another girl on the team, but I saw how hard it was for you to adjust to me joining the team and becoming your captain. Do you really think it's fair I make a decision that will probably be biased even though it will affect how you play and act on this team?"

They all seemed bewildered and in someway amazed with what I said. But what they said after that surprised me much more than anything I've ever done for them.

They all looked at each other, nodded their heads, and Mark came up and announced,

"So, who's our new teammate?"

Honestly I think I planned this chapter pretty good. Enjoy it cause the next one is gonna be goooddd brochachos.

-Wishingwriting