Chapter Twenty-Two: Surprise Visits

After spending a couple of hours playing video games we all decided that we should just take a break. So we went to my room and sat on the patio and just slowly watched the sunset.

It was a mix of purple, red, and orange just finding its way all over the sky.

I saw Mark sitting next to Sydney and both of them looked engaged in a tiny conversation. Even if I didn't completely agree with the idea of them together they sorta looked like they fit together and in some way made the other smile.

Ew this is too cliché.

After the sun went down completely and we were staring at the stars and connecting constellations I could hear the doorbell ring.

'I wonder who that could be.. ' I thought.

I ran downstairs and opened the door. I found Irine standing there with a smile on her face.

"Irine what are you doing here?"

I guess tonight is full of surprises.

"You're not happy to see me?" She asked.

"No, no I am but I guess people don't just show up at other peoples houses without telling them.."

"I came here because I miss you. Is that a problem?" She asked smiling sorta sadly.

"So did I 'Renie. Sorry I didn't get you to come over sooner but everything's just been.. Hectic." I said pulling her into an embrace.

"I know, it always is for you. But you always find a way to deal with it."

"Wanna come in?" I asked.

"No I'm just gonna stand here, because that's exactly what I came to do." She said sarcastically.

"I see my sarcastic behavior is rubbing off on you, huh?" I grinned at her.

"Well when you spend more time with someone than you do at your own home, it's kind of hard not to."

"Come on, there's someone I want you to meet." I said as I welcomed her in.

____________

We walked outside my patio door and knocked on it very discretely so that only Sydney could hear it.

She turned around and saw us motioning for her to come out.

She closed the door behind her very quietly and came toward us.

"Hi Jay. What's up?"

She looked confused as to why we asked for only her.

"Sydney this is my best girl friend, Irine. Irine this is my other best girl friend, Sydney."

I introduced them to each other as they shook hands.

"It's nice to finally meet another girl June can be friends with." Irine said.

"Tell me about it, she never liked any of the other girls in grade school back at home."

"Home? You're from Australia too? Oh wait I'm so stupid I didn't realize you're accent."

"That's totally fine, where are you from? Were you born here in California?"