Chapter Thity-One: Distractions

"So how are we going to find my 'distraction' again?" I asked Ashton air quoting distraction.

"You really want to know?" He answered.

"Yes. I do." I said.

"I don't know." He said laughing.

I nudged him on the shoulder and started laughing with him.

"Hey," he said and nudged me back.

"Okay fine can I ask you a few questions then? "

"Like a would you rather? Sure." I said.

"Abstract or detailed?" He asked.

"Both." I responded.

"Extrovert, introvert, or ambivert?"

"Ambivert but more to the introvert side."

"Fun or work? Honestly that shouldn't be a question."

"Once again, both."

"Money or love?"

"Both. Okay are you done?" I asked.

"Yes, and I think that I have the perfect idea. Let's go."

.......

We went back to the hotel and he took me to his room. He pulled out a couple of spray cans and what looked like a skateboard. Before I could answer he handed me the spray cans and said,

"Do something with it. Put all your stress, sweat, and tears into it."

I didn't argue and did as he said.

I started not really having an idea in mind and instead just moving around with the spray cans. I just kept thinking about what made me happy, what made me angry, and everything else.

When I was done Ashton raised his eyebrows and a grin appeared on his face.

"What?"

"Well first off I was right and second look at what you did." He said.

I looked at the skateboard and I was surprised with what I had done.

There were roses with thorns leading into a cloud with lightning coming out of it and a broken heart at the end.

"Wow." I said.

"Yup." He said still grinning.

"Wait, but what were you right about?" I asked him.

"What your distraction is." He said.

"And..?"

"It's art June. You have this balance in you. You don't like too much of one thing because you know you need more of another. You even know the balance between work and having a bit of fun you just need something to tip the scale and make you realize that. Art has that balance too abstract and concrete, black and white, dark and light. When you draw you let it all out. Stress, sweat, tears, and everything else."

"Thanks Ashton." I said smiling

"No problem. You can keep the skateboard by the way." He said.

"Thanks. Sydney took mine so I wouldn't run away on it from the party and I don't think she's giving it back anytime soon. Speaking of I should get back to our hotel." I said.

"Yeah. Good night June."

"Good night Ash."

"I see you're using my nickname." He said smirking.

"Yeah I like it. But quick question?" I said.

"What is it?"

"What's your distraction?" I asked.

"Helping people. I like getting to know others. Seeing where they came from, their stories. It changes you."

I smiled.

"Thanks again, I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"I guess you will." He said waving.

Its been a really long time but honestly school is slowly killing me. Thanks for being patient, I'll try to write the next chapter faster. Thanks for over 25k views and 1k votes  <3.

Have a good day/night wherever you are. This is your girl Wishingwriting signing off.

Your girl,
Wishingwriting.

P.S.  for those in America are you staying up to see who wins the election?