We Won't Say Goodbye

~ (Y/n) P.O.V ~

It has been a month since Igneel taught me about fire magic. Today Igneel wanted me to review all the lessons, so here I am in the middle of the clearing, in front of a tree with Natsu. I and Natsu each get a separate row of trees. We always challenge each other since we want to know who's the strongest.

"Are you ready (Y/n)?!" Natsu exclaimed as he looks at the rows of trees in front of him with a huge grin on his face.
"Mhm! I was born ready!!" I said as I also have a huge grin on my face.

Igneel sighed behind us.
"Do you guys really have to do this every single day?" He asked.
"YES!!" Both of us shouted at him as we turned to look at him.

Igneel grinned.
"Don't let a girl beat you son, and (Y/n) show me what you've learned!!"
"Hai!" Me and Natsu said.

"Ready..." I licked my lips in anticipation."Set..." I got into position and look at Natsu in the corner of my eyes and sees that he has a gleam in his eyes. "GO!"

"FIRE DRAGON ROAR!!!" We both roared.

I looked at Natsu's fire and mine. Natsu's fire is faster than mine but my fire burned more trees. Igneel went to count the trees Natsu burnt first.
"7 trees, not bad Natsu!" Igneel praised Natsu.
"YES! A new high score!!" Natsu yelled as he jumped around and smirked at me."Beat that (Y/n)!"
"(Y/n)..." Igneel said with sadness in his voice, I held my breathe and crossed my fingers."You got 20 trees!!"

"WHAT??!!" Natsu screamed.
"HA! BEAT THAT NATSU!!" I said as I jumped around.

'(Y/n).' I could hear Father's voice in my head. He must have used telepathy.
'Yes Father?'
'I'm coming to pick you up, so say your farewells with Natsu and Igneel.'
'R-Right now?'
'No I'll be there in 5 minutes.'
'OK Father.'

I looked down with tears. I'm happy that I'm going to be with Father but I also don't want to leave Natsu. Igneel and Natsu looked at me as I looked at the ground. Igneel somehow realized the situation.
"Natsu." Igneel said.
"Yeah?"
"She's going back."
Natsu finally realized that a month has passed and his eyes widen.
"C-Can't she stay any longer??" Natsu said with tears.

Igneel shook his head with his eyes closed. Natsu ran up to me, hugged me tightly and sobbed. I was about to hug him back when he pushed me away.
"I-I won't say goodbye." He said.
I titled my head in confusion and he repeated it.
"I-I said I won't say goodbye!"
I finally understood and mouthed my shape into an 'o'.
"Hey (Y/n)?"
"Yeah?" I responded.
"Can you sing for me?"
"Oh...um sure!"

Natsu ran towards Igneel with a smile.
"Igneel, (Y/n)'s going to sing for us prepare a stage!!" Natsu said as he ran in circles.
"Natsu, it's alright I don't need a stage! I'll just stand on this rock." I said as I stood on a platform rock.
I looked at Natsu to see him sit on a tree stump and Igneel sitting beside him.
"Hey Natsu?" I asked."How are you feeling now?"
"Well...I feel like as if you're going to a far away land with a transportation called a train and I want to shout to you Don't go away yet." He said with tiny tears.
"Hmm...I GOT IT!" I exclaimed. "I shall sing this song on behalf of the most amazing friend I've got Natsu! You too Uncle Igneel~!"
I tried to make a sound using some magic I learned by myself and when I heard Natsu said whoa, I knew that they could hear it. I breathed in and sang.

Thought to myself "I'm okay, I don't feel a thing"
But, in the end, there's a drag weighing down on me
Running on ahead again, you seemed to escape
Every step, never touching down
Couldn't do a thing but stare without a sound

Guided away, you walk to a train while I'm standing left behind
Dashing off instead, I reach out ahead but can't make it through the room in time
Eyes getting wet, don't be upset, but my heart really wants to cry
"Don't go away yet"

You're moving onto far and beyond, while I'm standing left behind
Night running low and leaves me alone, dissolving you from my mind
Eyes getting wet, don't be upset, but my heart really wants to cry
"Don't go away yet"

My eyes are already filled with tears again and I closed my eyes as I danced a little.

Festival abating now I'm waiting for reality
Yes, in the end, every night is the same old thing
Breaking through it all, you were bright, standing tall
How could I only see this now?
Couldn't do a thing but stare without a sound

The clock moving on, it drags me along with feet buried in the ground
Road going home is dark and alone, but I'll make it out alive somehow
Flicks in the night, a lamp giving light, my long shadow left behind
I'm on my own, aren't I?

You're moving onto far and beyond, while I'm standing left behind
Night blurring out without any doubt, again it'll fill my mind
Eyes getting wet, don't be upset, but my heart really wants to cry
"Don't go away yet"

Eyes getting wet, don't be upset, but my heart really wants to cry
"Don't go away yet"

I heard clapping and I saw that Father was sitting beside Igneel.
"Father..." I muttered as I walk towards him.
"(Y/n) my dear child, I heard the amazing progress you made from Igneel so I'm giving this to you." Father said as he put something into my tiny hands. I looked down at my hands to see 2 necklaces that are shaped into a crescent moon and in the middle of both necklaces are a round amulet. One was colored like the starry sky while the other one is like the sunset. (The one on the picture)
I ran to Natsu and gave him the sunset one while I got the starry sky.
"Here, a necklace for you! You don't have to wear it but in the future if you see a girl wearing the same one and instead of sunset it's a starry sky that would be me!" I said as I grinned at Natsu and hugged him.

He hugged me back tightly then I let go and climbed on Father's back.
"See you next time Natsu and Igneel!!" I yelled at him in tears as Father flew off.
"I'll miss you!!" I heard Natsu screamed at me.

~ Natsu's P.O.V ~

I wore the necklace that (Y/n) gave me and Igneel looked towards me.
"You guys didn't say goodbye?" Igneel questioned.
"We said we won't say good bye! Good bye's too sad and lonely..." I said with tears.
Igneel looked at me with sadness as he patted my head with a claw softly.
"Don't worry we'll meet her again someday."
"Yeah...Someday..." I said as I stared at the direction where (Y/n)'s dad flew.

We'll meet again (Y/n)...