Chapter Three

Cassandra's POV

"Why did we just leave?" Stella asked. I just shook my head.

We went back to our dorms and are currently in my room's balcony having tea.

"You've been always in the look out for her. Now that she's right in front of you. You do nothing. You're out of your mind!"Stella ranted. But I wasn't listening. I was somewhere else. My head was spinning with a lot of thoughts too many to mention. But one of this is what I really want to know. What I really want to confirm. If she really is the girl from 12 years ago.

"Let's call it a day, shall we?" I said looking at my cup before taking a sip. I took a deep breath as the warm feeling engulfs me.

Stella just shook her head and stared out the balcony. "How's the vampire society fairing?"

The vampire society is at peace at the moment. Coexisting with humans isn't easy but vampires are at the top of the ladder in this new world. They're positioned in very high places in the society. But not just only us vampires but as well as the rest of the supernatural creatures. Only a few humans are aware of this. Particularly humans who are from rich and powerful families. "The vampire society as well as the Supernatural Council is fine. I haven't heard any imbalance in the order as of recent."

"That's good to hear. We don't want chaos crashing in on our teenage life now." The Beaumont family are one of the few who has been aware of our existence for a long time. And has been helping really big to manage the peace between the humans and the supernaturals.

"Uh huh" is all I could utter since my mind was still clouded with thoughts of her.

The next day...

I slowly opened my eyes as the morning rays greet me through the parted curtains I left open the last night.

After the tea and small talks with Stella, she took her leave. And I was left alone drowning in my own thoughts. And all I could come up with to ease the flood of worry and questions is to play this game and gently go with the flow. As of now, I'll just be in the corners and observe as things play out.

I quickly fixed my bed and myself in an inhuman speed. Then I took my leave to have breakfast with Stella in the Great Hall. In the Great Hall, since the school teachers and administration is gracing as with their presence. They will be orienting the freshmen and transferees the basic and important rules in the school. And of course the strict orders that they should observe.

I was about to knock on Stella's door when it opened and was greeted by the school's previous student council President. The prim and proper,  the respected,  the straight A's, Akira Evergreen. I was caught a bit off guard but just a bit. "Good morning Pres," I greeted the obviously stunned Council President.

"Ah, yeah. Good morning Cassandra. As much as I want to chat and stuff. I'll be taking my leave. I have to fix myself for the breakfast orientation," She said as she walked pass me and hurriedly yet still gracefully walks off. I never thought she was that kind of girl. But then again never judge a book by it's cover especially when Stella is the one turning the pages.

I took a step inside and found Stella already in her uniform sitting on the sofa going through her phone. I closed the door behind me. She didn't even look up. "I told her to go ahead cause you're probably on your way but she insisted on getting me dressed before leaving." Is all she said. Stella besides being my bestfriend is a secretive person but as far as I know no other girl besides me has the privilege to enter her room. She doesn't bring her women in her room.

"I'm not a threat on what ever activities you choose to revel on. So no biggie." Stella just gave me a shrug.

In the Great Hall...

This is so boring. How could anyone actually stand this. "Already way ahead of you, " Stella whispered beside me as if reading my thought. She has this huge frown on her face and rested her head on my shoulder. But sat properly when her mother gave her 'the look'.

Just a few more minutes and this will be over anyways. I just need to hold on a bit. And as I was trying really hard to focus on the speaker who seem to be chanting verses from the bible as she tries to explain some specific rules and regulation I started to become uneasy as I caught sight of familiar faces. The school's major sponsors are here and few from the council for supernatural beings. What is going on here? Something was definitely up. But I confirmed my suspicion when Alexandros LeGrand,  my grandfather, step up the podium.

He has his usual regal expression, cold and emotionless. Stella leaned beside me, "Why is Granpops here?" she whispered. "I have no clue but it's probably something absurd. And shut it for a while he's about to answer your question." I answered her without taking my gaze off my grandfather, what are you doing here? Alexandros, the Paradox. What unseemingly impossible news have you brought upon us. He was given that title Paradox since he was known to turn the impossible. He is also the head of the Supernatural council. The Paradox force who united different beings in the World War II. The war between humans and countries was all a bluff and cover up. The truth was a war was going on between supernatural forces.

"Ahh, Good Morning my beloved and esteemed students of Virago Academy. I am both excited and saddened to deliver this rather surprise news. Me, the sponsors, board members along with the head mistress have decided to make Virago an exclusive international school. Not only Virago but as well as Cratos Academy for boys, our partner institution." murmurs had started to boil from different tables inside the Great Hall. I turned to Stella if she somehow had an idea. But she shook her head slightly and we both focused at the powerful man up the stage.

"Ofcourse, doing this so has forced as to do some deduction and addition." He raised an envelope. "Inside this envelope are the names of the new students from all over the globe who will be transfered here in Virago. This action is to broaden, strengthen and create bonds from different race." An idea was forming in my head. But why all of a sudden. I took a sip of water from my glass. "A letter of placement will be given to those who will have to exit the gates of Virago. This is the decision we have heavily made in order to cater a new curriculum and revolution in global education. And before I leave this podium, I am warning each and everyone to act in a manner of my favor. Thank you." He left the podium. No one uttered anything regarding the sudden news. Alexandros LeGrand's words were known to be final and unbending. Everyone acted as if nothing heavy has been said. "Looks like a school for the SN is about to rise, though it was a surprise we already had our hunch that it would one day happen we just didn't expect it to be now." Stella said as she continued eating the food on her plate. I stood up and she looked at me. "Where are you going?"

"To my grandfather ofcourse." She talk another bite of the sausage before getting up, "Coming with you. Let's go." Walking ahead of me. I raised an eyebrow before shaking my head and started following her.

Note:
Hi everyone thank you for those who had been bugging me to update. LOL. I appreciate it. English is a second and foreign language to me so yeah if you see wrong grammars and spelling errors or bigger mistakes. XD pm me so i can correct it. And yes it took me almost forever to update. But now i'm fine and i will be doing my best to update this book regularly. Leave some comments below you gorgeous people. :*

PS: Chapter 4 is on the way.