1- Roommate

A/N- I'm just so excited for this story and sad that the other one is over that I'm just going to go ahead and give you guys this chapter, hope you enjoy!

At first, everything was pitch black. I couldn't see my hand in front of my own face. I was standing in some sort of room, but I was too paranoid about running into stuff or breaking something to walk around.

Then, slowly light began to fill the room. At first, the shapes of things were blurry and everything was in black in white. But as my vision sharpened and the colors returned, I realized I was in my apartment. What's going on?

I started walking around, and that's when I discovered something really weird; I couldn't touch any of my stuff; my hand just seemed to go straight through everything.

This is one weird dream...

I walked into my kitchen and looked at the digital clock; it had been three days since I left for work. Suddenly, the clock started freaking out. Time was almost literally flying by. Thinking it was just a malfunction, I looked at the clock on my wall, but it was doing the same thing.

That's when the people came. I recognized them. It was my friends and all my family, but they were moving as if someone had pressed fast-forward on a video. I heard snippets of conversations; they were talking about funeral arrangements and what to do with all my stuff.

I saw everyone cry at least once while they were here. They started going through my stuff.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" I received no answer. Everything was still moving so fast, I was beginning to get dizzy.

They started taking my stuff out of my apartment. "Hey, come back with that! I paid a lot of money for that! Where do you think you're going with my drums; put them back! Listen to me!"

But no one did listen. In a matter of minutes, my apartment was empty. There was no trace that I had lived here at all. All that was left was a newspaper from two days ago lying on the kitchen counter and the clock on the wall, which had gone back to normal. I looked at the newspaper, and saw a familiar scene on the front page

Underneath the headline "Local Boy Killed by Drunk Driver" was a big picture of my truck lying on its roof with all the windows busted out. A smaller picture was to the left, and it was a picture of me.

Underneath it was a small caption that read "Joshua Dun, age 22, was killed in a car collision on February 23, 2016." Killed? I'm dead? I tried to pick up the paper to read more of the article, but my hands went straight through the paper and the counter. Sighing in frustration I tried again.

I concentrated really hard on the newspaper, and when I reached for it, I actually felt the dry pages in my hand. I picked it up off the counter and held a smirk of triumph before reading the article. My smirk slowly turned to a frown.

I'm dead. I'm actually dead. I set the paper back on the counter and just stared at it. Well...now what? What about my friends and family? What am I supposed to do for eternity?

I looked around and decided to test something out. I looked at a wall across the room, my bedroom, or should I say what was my bedroom, was on the other side. I took a deep breath, and started running straight at the wall. Instead of bouncing off of it like normal, I passed through the wall and was now standing in my bare bedroom.

"Sick." I turned around and did it again, ending up back in the living room.

I tried to walk through the wall that leads to the hallway outside my apartment, but I just smacked into the wall like I normally would. I frowned and placed my hands on the wall, but it wouldn't budge.