16- I'm Winning

A/N- CHAPTER 18 IS THE LAST ONE, BUT THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL. I REPEAT: THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL.

Tyler's POV

It was time for me to be discharged from the hospital. Nurse Debby brought me the forms to sign, and then helped me stand up so I could change into the clothes Brendon had brought me. I was a little wobbly on my feet at first, but quickly regained my balance.

After I had changed into the sweatpants and t-shirt, she stuck me in a wheelchair and wheeled me down to the main entrance where Brendon was waiting in his car. After I was seated in the car and buckled in, we began to drive away from the hospital. I didn't want to go back to my apartment though, not just yet.

"Hey, Bren?"

"Yes, my smol bean?"

"I'll never understand why you call me that...anyways. Can we go get some ice cream? I'm really craving it right now." I asked with the most persuading voice I could muster up without seeming too suspicious.

"I call you Bean because you're smol and cute like a bean. And only because I love you and feel bad for you right now. Where do you want to go? Brusters?"

"Hell yes!"

That place was my favorite. Brendon laughed at me and shook his head a little bit, but said no more. We passed the turn for my apartment and continued a little way down the street until the ice cream stand that sold heaven in a cup came into view.

As soon as Brendon parked the car, I quickly un-buckled my seatbelt and scrambled out of the car, hissing slightly under my breath at the discomfort in my ribs, but doing my best to ignore it.

"Slow down there Tyler, you're supposed to be a cripple you know." Brendon called out from behind me.

"I'm a cripple who loves ice cream."

Josh's POV

Dallon is giving me a break today since Tyler is coming home. Yesterday I got to where I could put up a perfect wall every single time, and it became a little bit easier each time I did it. He said I should be very proud of myself, and believe me, I am.

It was around one in the afternoon, and Tyler still hadn't come home. I was a little worried, but I just kept reminding myself that he was with Brendon and he would be ok. They probably just went out for lunch or something. Or maybe the paperwork at the hospital took longer than usual. Maybe both.

I tried to distract myself with practicing putting up a wall, changing my clothes until I finally settled on an outfit, and watching TV.

Nothing could hold my interest, so I ended up pacing around the apartment with the TV playing in the back ground. Around three, Tyler and Brendon finally showed up. I heard a key in the lock and immediately ran out of the bedroom and into the living room where I had a clear view.

The door swung open, and in hobbled an exhausted looking Tyler. Brendon shut the door behind them and ordered Tyler to go sit on the couch.

"Josh? I brought Tyler back!" Brendon shouted.

I made myself visible to the both of them and sat next to Tyler on the couch, angling my body slightly so I was facing him.

"I missed you! Are you ok? Are you hurting at all? That was a stupid question; you probably are at least a little bit. I'm going to stop talking now..." I chuckled a little as I trailed off. I ramble when I get excited.

A smile appeared on his face, but it was different than his usual smile. It didn't make his eyes light up. He was probably just tired.

"I'm fine, Josh. Thanks for asking. Anything interesting happen with you while I was gone?"