Prologue ~ The AMAs

Meghan's POV:

Today. Tonight. Right now. Is the AMAs. I'm so excited and nervous, especially because Charlie is with me. And I'm singing, 'Like I'm gonna Lose You' And he's singing 'Marvin Gaye' Right after. Nervous! Okay, anyway. "Hmm, white sparkly dress... Or blue sparkly dress..?" I mutter to myself, holding the two dresses as I say their name. "The white one," I decide. "Then, a black coat over that. Perfect!" I say.

After changing, I walk out, accidentally bumping into Charlie backstage. "Sorry," I say to him. "Oh no it's fine,  no need to apologize, Meghan." He replies in his sweet, singsong voice. I smile to him, not knowing what to say, and walk away to the spot I start.

They announce everything, and after a while, the curtain comes up and I walk out. "I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you, I'm gonna hold you, like I'm saying goodbye... Wherever we're standing, I won't take you for granted, 'cause we'll never know when, when we're runnin' out of tiiiiime.." Then I start walking the other way. "I found myself dreaming, in silver and gold, like a scene from a movie, that every broken heart knows.. We were walking on moonlight, and you pulled me close. Split second then you disappeared and I was all alone. I woke up in tears, with you by my side, breath of relief and I realize, no we're not promised tomorrow, so I'm gonna love you. Like I'm gonna lose you. I'm gonna hold you, like I'm saying goodbyeee. I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you, I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you. I'm gonna love you. Like I'm gonna lose you. I'm gonna hold you, like I'm saying goodbye! Wherever.." I keep going on and on.

Charlie's POV:

I sit at my piano, waiting. Nervously waiting. My dancers start making out and that's when I start playing the piano and almost eating the microphone I was so nervous singing. "Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on. You've got that healing that I want. Just like they say it in the song. Until the dawn, lets Marvin Gaye, and, get it on. We've got this king size to ourselves. Don't have to share with no one else. Don't keep your secrets to yourself. It's coma sutra show and tellll. Yeah, whooah, theres.. Loving in your eyes that pulls me closer. Its so subtle, I'm in trouble, but I'd rather in trouble with you." I stopped for a second and looked Meghan in the eyes, lovingly. Then we start singing together. "Lets Marvin Gaye and get it on! You've got that healing that I want. Just like they say it in the song, Until the dawn, let's Marvin Gaye and get it on. Its Marvin Gaye and get it on! You got that healing that I want! Just like they say it in the song, until the dawn, lets Marvin Gaye and, get it on. You've got to give it up to meeee. I'm screaming mercy, mercy please. Just like they say it in the song, until the dawn, lets Marvin Gaye and get it on. Just like they say it in the song, until, the dawn," I got up with the microphone. "Lets Marvin Gaye and, get it on." Then Meghan made the 'come' gesture with her hand and we started kissing. I put one hand on her butt and one on her shoulder and we French kissed till the end of our part. By the way, there was LOTS of tongue.

Meghan's POV:

Backstage, we talked. "You're a good kisser." He admitted. I blushed and held his hand. "Thanks, you are too." I said. "You're my best friend," He said. "You're mine too." I said and leaned on him. "Meet up tomorrow at the Café?" He asked. "I'll be there." I promised him. "See ya around then, Trainor." He said and got up, walking away. I smiled. I'm starting to think you're my boyfriend now, I thought.