Chapter 8

*Elizabeth's POV*

I got home from school, parking my car on the street, knowing my dad would yell at me if I park in 'his spot' on the driveway. The whole driveway is 'his spot'.

I unlocked the front door, walking in to hear my mother arguing on the phone. I sigh, knowing she's arguing with dad.

"I don't want-hold on a sec, I think Elizabeth's home." I walked towards her, my boots making thuds on the floor. I dropped my backpack onto the couch, not breaking eye contact. "Yeah, it's her." There's a pause. "What? No! I'm not telling her by myself!" Another pause. "Fine." She hung up.

"What was it?" I ask, even though I already know what she's going to say.

"Hon, I have something to tell you. Now I just want you to know, none of this is your faul-" She starts, but I cut her off.

"You're getting a divorce, aren't you?" My voice holds no emotion, my face blank.

My mother, on the other hand, looked speechless. Her mouth was slightly open, her eyes a little bit wider. She kept opening and closing her mouth. "Y-yes. How did you know?"

"Are you kidding me? You guys argue every day, dad sleeps on the couch, dad is always putting you down, and he's staying at work till the late hours. And it's not for extra pay, either. I think he's cheating on you. But you choose to ignore all the warning signs." As I was talking, my voice got louder and louder, and I was stepping closer and closer, until I was right in her face. "You should have divorced him a long time ago." I gritted my teeth.

Turning around, I headed upstairs to my room. I needed to do something to get rid of my anger.

Looking around my room, I found my camera, and decided to go into the woods in my backyard.

I walked past my mom, who was crying at the kitchen table. Sure, I felt a bit bad, but I told her how I felt about something, which I hadn't done since I was 9.

I walked out the back door, following the trail through the woods. The trail led to the perfect spot.
{The trail is the picture below}

If you followed the trail long enough, you got to a waterfall