11. Killing Curse

James and Lily are dead.

Voldemort had killed them.

I didn't know what to do, my bestfriend was gone. I was shell shocked, my face expressionless since I can't believe it.

James and Lily can't be dead.

They're my best friends. They're too young. They just can't be dead.

The worst part was I didn't even tell them about me and Remus, being a couple and all. We were going to tell them tomorrow. Now we can't. Because they're dead.

Suddenly it all hit me. I won't ever be able to talk to them again. I won't ever see James mishevious grin, or Lily's annoyed frown, their signature facial expressions. I won't ever get to pull another prank with James. We won't do anything again ever.

I fall to my knees as I take a sharp breath. This was all because of Peter. How could you betray your bestfriend? The idea seemed so bizarre to me.

A horrible ugly sob rose out of my throat. I comforting arm was around my shoulder as Remus comforted me. He was crying himself, but he pushes aside his emotions to comfort me.

James and Lily are dead.

They died two hours ago.

They're dead because of Peter.

I repeated the same three things over and over again in my head.

"Please don't do anything rash-" Remus starts to say quietly into my shoulder as I cut him off by jumping up.

I need to avenge James and Lily.

Peter deserves to be caught.

"Sirius-" Remus says trying to stop me from whatever crazy idea he thought I was doing.

"Remus, I have too," I say as tears continue sliding down my cheek. He sighed sadly and let go of my wrist as I ran to go find Peter.

"Please, be careful, I can't lose you too," Remus said softly as he stared at me with desperation.

"I always am," I said as I gave him one last glance as left to find Peter.

That was the last time I saw him for twelve years.