Chapter 9

Don't own the video but I like nightcores.... so that's the song I picked for this chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lightningstorm looked Stormtail in his forest green eyes. She could hear cats beginning to get ready for the gathering. In a trembling voice, she said the last four words the grey tom expected her to ever saw to him. "I love you too" she said her amber eyes down casted, avoiding his shocked gaze. His mouth opened a little, like he was going to say something, but a little silver apprentice appeared. "Hey we're leaving for the gathering. Are you two coming or are you gonna stand there like dead rabbits? (I don't even know right now)" Featherpaw asked. They both stood up and began walking to the gathering.
~At the Gathering~
Lightningstorm walked over to one of her WaterClan friends, Tidalwave. The blue she-cat was the next leader to be as well. At the moment she was the deputy of her clan. "Hey Lightningstorm, how's LightningClan?" she asked her yellow-furred friend. "Same as it was last moon, I suppose. Just preparing for noleaf (or winter) like always" she responded politely. Tidalwave showed Lightningstorm an evil smirk and said softly "Then why is Stormtail staring at you like a hunter watching it's prey?" Lightningstorm looked over her left shoulder and saw Stormtail's gaze on her. He quickly averted her star and began talking to Swifttail, Tidalwave's mate. "Um... I don't know?" She said, trying the innocent route. "Suuuure. We'll continue this after the leaders speak" the sleek blue she-cat purred, turning her head to the rock where the four leaders stood tall at. Lightningstorm gulped, Tidalwave was good at getting information when she wanted it. Lavastar and Darkstar were already at it again. Lightningstorm had met their heirs as well as Tidalwave. Flamestorm was a decent tom and would make a fine leader to FireClan, unlike his father. Shadowclaw was a quiet tom, but he was still a decent tom according to his clan mates. The gathering seemed to drag on forever and when it finished, Lightningstorm could feel the fur on her spine raise up as all the cats heard dogs barking in the distance.

Hey guys. Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted a cliffhanger. And sorry if the wordings weird, it's 11 o'clock at night and I'm tired. I hope you enjoy