chapter one

Rosemary's expression didn't change much as she arrived to Mystic Falls. The same unreadable look on her face stuck. She had left her precious car in the parking lot by her old apartment and taken a train to the boring town instead.

The redhead had been given a location. Supposedly, there would be a blue truck parked by an abandoned building. True enough, it was standing there when she arrived.

Rosemary smiled for the first time in a long time as she got the idea to sneak up on Rebekah. The redhead was aware that she most likely get rewarded with a punch in the face, but she figured why not? She bit her lip as she jumped from the ground, landing on the blue roof with a loud bang.

An annoyed sigh caused Rosemary to pout. "Rosemary, darling, stop playing around. Come down here and give me a proper greeting."

Rosemary rolled her eyes but obliged. But, she figured that she might as well show off if her surprise plans were being spoiled. She turned around before doing a backflip. She gripped the edge of the truck before flinging herself into the truck, landing smoothly on her feet.

"You were always one for dramatic entrances," Rebekah said before breaking into a grin and walking over to the short redhead, pulling her into a hug. Even though Rosemary felt glad to see Rebekah again, she was quick to pull away.

"Now, you know that I'm more than happy to see you," Rosemary begun, "but we need to get to business."

Rebekah nodded, saying, "I figured that you'd bring that up," and leaned against the wall of the truck. Rosemary looked down at the younger Salvatore and scrunched her nose before looking up at Rebekah again.

"Well first off, you do him a favor, and then you demand he returns the favor. It's rather simple, really," Rebekah said, waving her hand around.

Rosemary raised both of her eyebrows. "And what might this," Rosemary paused for a second before continuing, "favor be?"

"You were close with Kol," Rebekah stated, getting a bit enthusiastic.

"Well, duh."

"And he was the only one who had tapped into magic before we turned into vampires," Rebekah said. Rosemary thought she saw a hint of bitterness and sadness in Rebekah's eyes, but it was gone in as fast as it came. "He must know everything about mothers hybrid curse," she added.

Rosemary glared at the blond, her face showing clear annoyance. "I still have no idea where you're going with this."

"Well, as you may know, Klaus has been failing with making hybrids," Rebekah said. "You must know why," she then added when she saw the thoughtful look on Rosemary's face.

Rosemary stared at Rebekah for a while before nodding. "Fine," she said. "Consider it done," she added as a groan was heard from behind her. She turned around and looked at the now awake and very confused young vampire.

Rebekah glanced at him and said, "Oh, he lives."

"What happened?" Stefan asked and got up.

"You took a beating. My brother's been breaking your neck all afternoon," Rebekah said and studied her nails. "Quite the temper," She commented and looked over at Rosemary. She smiled at Rebekah, both of them recalling some tantrums Niklaus had thrown in the past. Stefan furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the redhead.